AFV Rec

AFV Rec no longer seems to be a bounty requirement. Yet if you are anti tank role it is still a required skill.

I'm interested in becoming an AFV instructor, but the course as it was originally is not available.

Does anyone know differently?

I thought it was easy these days. Orange dayglo panel, it's ours. It's just some of our colleagues that need a matrix test on this.

Falling-Plate said:
AFV Rec no longer seems to be a bounty requirement. Yet if you are anti tank role it is still a required skill.

I'm interested in becoming an AFV instructor, but the course as it was originally is not available.

Does anyone know differently?
The course is still run by LDRTC and the next one is in Nov. - the June one was cancelled as they had no takers, probably because it is no longer an ITD although I reckon it will be important for anyone being mobilised! :roll:

If it's big with tracks it's a tank
big with wheels a truck
small with wheels a 'rover!

I thought it was

Square-ish, barely moving - British

Square-ish, moving quicker - Yank

Square-ish, broken down - Russian

Other shape - Other side.

Instructors Courses are run by the All Arms Recognition Cell at RSA Larkhill.

I don't know if it's still available for TA or just for "Those" TA but the ILRRP School do/did a very good package, when I was there as a reg the only TA belonged to "Them", but it's worth a try if only to see how quickly you get fekked off!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Condottiere Military History and Militaria 10
Condottiere Tanks, planes & ships 7
diplomat RAC 36