AFV Identification please!

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm having a clear out. Lurking in the roof I found a bag of Action Men who have been hiding out there for about thirty years (last owner is now over 40). They also seem to have some AFVs. Can anyone tell me what these are modelled on please? (Yes I know the middle one is a horse).

Action Man vehicles.jpg

The Action Man Scorpion is actually in some demand by those guys who build the dioramas for the very detailed and very expensive Japanese 1/6 figures.

It might be a purely toy quality moulding, with a few glaring errors, but apparently size/scale wise it's spot on.

It always irked me that the Infantry Major outfit that I possessed for my own AM had the 17th/21st Capbadge, and looking closely at the pics on that site the others, incl. Brit. Maj. and Royal Hussars also had the 17th/21st as a capbadge.
And that Rifle...

I remember one had a string you pulled and he issued orders, then there was griping hands and then with hair and beard.

Attachments

I'm having a clear out. Lurking in the roof I found a bag of Action Men who have been hiding out there for about thirty years (last owner is now over 40). They also seem to have some AFVs. Can anyone tell me what these are modelled on please? (Yes I know the middle one is a horse).

View attachment 107560
I hate to be pickie..........

But... That is not the Ferret "Armoured car", that has a spare wheel on the l/h side. The wheels were all plastic.

THAT is the "Scout car" based on the Fox chassis only without the turret. Its wheels were rubbery with green plastic hubs.

Should I get out more?