After 'we' all retire.......

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by scalieback, Nov 4, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

I suppose it'll still be full of chavs. To quote the currant bun, last one to leave, turn the lights out please. I'll let others comment on the 140,000 immigrants
  2. I'm giving serious consideration on moving to the states. I dont like the way things are goin here one bit
  3. The Dalmatian coast looks lovely

Maybe Bermuda, somewhere warm anyway.
  4. Espana, not Costa Del English, vino tinto in vast quantities....
  5. Canada or Oz. Big countries room to move.
  6. same here , i dont like to move frm here cos i am English but i am not happy with the way things are going.
  7. Answer is make your way to India and then come back as an illegal. Say the right words at Dover and be (many) quids in
  8. Out of the frying pan..
  9. Oz - Feb 2005. Can't bloody wait to get away.
  10. i wish i had some capital, i would thin out to NL or Canada. like the sound of wide open spaces...and the UK is fast becoming an annex for asia and the middle east.

it sucks.

11. Assisted passage or shackles? :D
  12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Care to elaborate on that CiG ?
  13. Australian Army at the 16 year point. Now Howard's been voted in again the Armed Forces are growing and getting loads of new kit (M1's, Tigers etc).

Lots of vacancies. Apparently the forces aren't seen as a 'career of choice' over there. We should all fit right in.

Any Aussies out there want to give us Brits some career advice? :wink:
  14. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Hell ! Septic rifles, Boxhead tanks, what next ?

Still at least they're reliable & battle proven.

15. For those who are interested, email your Rank, Name, Trade & date of leaving to and ask for advice.

The Australians will take you up to about 50. At 45 I was too old for a lateral transfer but was advised that I could still go over on spec and apply to join and I definetly would be accepted.

A lateral transfer takes anything from 12 to 18 months to arrange, whilst you are still serving, and benefits are free top class flight to Aus, stopovers, put up in top class hotel on arrival before being flown to your new duty station. Good accommodation (unlike the sh1te we have) and your furniture moved over free.