After sign off British Army JPA

Anybody know what happens after signing off through JPA... should the interview be done within a certain amount of time? Is there a time limit for which the sign off needs to be accepted and what if this isnt met.
Will the date I leave remain the same irrespective of the how long procedural stuff takes after signing off?..

Ned_Seagoon

War Hero
I presume that you have already discussed signing-off with your boss. Why not ask him/her directly? Otherwise, stroll into the Orderly Room and ask for a word with the RAO RAWO.

JPA is wonderful. My final day of service was 31 August 2019 and every month, without fail, my last unit has faithfully forwarded on a Pay Statement to the value of £0.00.
I’ve given up informing Glasgow! :smile:

JPA is wonderful. My final day of service was 31 August 2019 and every month, without fail, my last unit has faithfully forwarded on a Pay Statement to the value of £0.00.
Might be compulsory until end of tax year, just a thought :)

I presume that you have already discussed signing-off with your boss. Why not ask him/her directly? Otherwise, stroll into the Orderly Room and ask for a word with the RAO RAWO.
Going to the middle of the organisation won't work optimally.

Just pop in to the CO's offcie and grab a brew, don't need to bother with honorifics, you can call the RSM "fella" as you go saunter past his door, hands in pocket.....

OC and Top corridor not available until end of week. So curious if anybody knew of the procedure where it's not approved straight away as rumour has it that it gets cancelled after 1 month. I'll just have to see the rao when I get time if nobody knows

OC and Top corridor not available until end of week. So curious if anybody knew of the procedure where it's not approved straight away as rumour has it that it gets cancelled after 1 month. I'll just have to see the rao when I get time if nobody knows
put it on FYB or twitter?

Just_plain_you

War Hero
So you've signed off without discussing your options with anyone?

I signed off in BATUS. Broke the waggon and got towed into Crowfoot and just walked straight to the JPA terminal and 7 clicked to heaven. I was just broken with my Sqn. Went back out the next day and carried on the rest of the exercise. I heard high pitch screaming 3 weeks later when we go back into camp and the SSM had learnt what id done. Great times.

Unless something has changed recently, once its on JPA its staying, unless you decide to sign back on.

So you've signed off without discussing your options with anyone?
Some units will do anything to delay their soldiers from signing off, best to do it when you can, the Army then has a year to change your mind.

wafubustard

War Hero
Lucky you're not in the navy.
If you bang your chit in on JPA without talking it through with a grown up they carry out MAA action against you.

That does a lot for morale.

Lucky you're not in the navy.
If you bang your chit in on JPA without talking it through with a grown up they carry out MAA action against you.

That does a lot for morale.
No they don’t.

OP - your date will remain your date, and even if your CoC do nothing about it, you will leave one year after you put your notice in (presume you have no returns of service to run out etc).

And I’d suggest if they play silly buggers you keep a copy of every email etc...

chimera

LE
I signed off in BATUS. Broke the waggon and got towed into Crowfoot and just walked straight to the JPA terminal and 7 clicked to heaven. I was just broken with my Sqn. Went back out the next day and carried on the rest of the exercise. I heard high pitch screaming 3 weeks later when we go back into camp and the SSM had learnt what id done. Great times.
Sounds like it was a really well considered decision.

chimera

LE
Maybe they are just reminding you how much you were valued?!

Latest Threads