After retirement activities

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by exile1, Jan 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I posted a dit about digging up old bottles on another thread and got to wondering ....... What do you old büggers do in the way of activity to keep doctor death at bay? [apart from spend hours on the ARRSE site]
  2. I stay alive by making sure that the wife doesn't find out what I am up to.
  3. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Fell running, brewing and drinking beer, stock market, wood-turning, cooking, keeping the MGB on the road. Too busy to get ill or find a job.
  4. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Unless there is a danger of being caught not working, I spend my working day as a poker baron. Sadly not with real money.
  5. When I'm in the office, I'm surfing ARRSE. (I'm not in the office for much longer!)

When I'm not in the office, I'm either out somewhere taking photographs or at home printing them. (Printing them can be horrifying. I recently bought an A3 printer, which magnifies every mistake in the photos 10-fold!)
  6. Anything that doesn't involve me having to be around other people, fly fishing, shooting, walking the dog and scaring motorists on my ducati supersport (single seat conversion so I can't take the mussus!!)
  7. "Old Bugger" of course requires qualification, a woman officially becomes a crone at 50 Yrs of age, at what age does the male of the species officially become an "old bugger" - now me, I am still working for a living, albeit no longer in green or flower power clothing and after the changes to the "retirement laws" coming into force in the next 8 months or so, I shall probably continue to do so for a couple of years longer, after all, why live on a bloody pension when you can continue to earn - so in truth I still do what I did 20 odd years ago on retiring from the Mob work, sleep and play..although must admit to having to slow down a bit on the play side, I find I can only burn the candle halfway at both ends these days - and the missus wont let me anyway.
  8. I work part-time (in Scotland) in a job which entails entertaining and amusing people on holiday, and occasionally taking the piss without their knowledge. Part of that is a light-hearted view of history. There are other slightly more serious aspects but those also entail making people happy. My boss is keen I continue - every time I suggest completely retiring he says "we can come to an arrangement". I even have staff (3) to supervise.

As I am fit and healthy (all that maize meal porridge as a child?), I also walk, take photographs, and enjoy various forms of craft and woodworking. I write short stories and features on commission - while sitting at the keyboard in my conservatory.

I have reached my Biblical three score years and ten (plus). This is what I worked for during those horrible, nerve-racking years of terrorism in Northern Ireland. My one regret is that I had friends who did not live to enjoy the same.

It could end tomorrow,

9. Hmmm, great way to spend your days, surrounded by Thai Ladyboys!!!!!!!

No fkukin thanks :thumbdown:
  10. Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.

Well, for example, the other day my wife and I went into town and went into a shop.
    We were only in there for about 5 minutes. When we came out, there was a copper writing out a parking ticket..
    We went up to him and said, 'Come on, how about giving a pensioner a break?'

He ignored us and continued writing the ticket. I called him a miserable git'.
    He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tyres.
    So my wife called him a neo fascist pig .
    He finished the second ticket and put it on the windscreen with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. I called him a little Nazi shithead. This went on for about 20 minutes and a fair crowd had gathered round, cheering every insult. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote. The crowd were now joining in and it was getting a bit ugly, so he got on his radio and called for assistance, we slipped away.

Personally, we didn't care. We came into town by bus. We try to have a little fun now that we're retired, it's important at our age.
  11. I'm surprised you haven't shared a cell with Mr Glitter seeing as you look like an archetypal paedophile. I'd wager my left gonad that none of those girls willingly had sex with you.

You sad fat ****.
  12. Mate, GIRLS!!!!! their all LADYBOYS FFS :nod:
  13. Don't spoil the illusion, I've jettisoned a pint of man milsch over them.
  14. So has TE, mate, at least a pint if not more......

Probably over and in for that matter;-P
  15. have you got the stripy red top on then?