• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

After phase 1....Potential Ammo Tech

Just wondering if anyone knew what a potential ammo tech wud do after phase 1, but awaiting the Ammunition Technician Seclection Board?

I'll be due to pass out of basic in mid january (god willing) and was told during the ATCAB that the next selection board will be March. So What will I be doing for the best part of 2 months?

Any replies much appreicated.

Deployable Accomadation Erector?

Other tasks as directed by your superiors.

Do ATs from basic not need to do a secondary trade? I.e, SUP SPEC etc?

Im sure you have to go to Deepcut for trade training before you ship off to Kineton.

Go to deepcut for a one week induction course on the history of your corps. Then sat lazing around [perhaps not] attached to an ammunition unit until the board comes around. During this time i believe they will get you a driving licence to drive cars.

If you are unsucessfull they will offer you other oppertunities within the RLC, if sucessfull you start your 5 weeks at the school of science. Then 20 weeks at the School of ammunition. After which you go to hull to learn to drive with a trailer.

Or at least thats what the sheet in front of me is saying.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Concept Gunners 0
S Juniors 3
rimsey84 Army Pay, Claims & JPA 3