After Hamas and al-Dhari...who will be next?

I don't know if you can conclude all this....
A feverish Russian pursuit for finding a bigger role in Iraq in the two fields of economy and politics is becoming very noticeable lately.
...from just the two articles he's mentioned. No doubt the Russians do have economic interests in Iraq but that blog is extrapolating a lot from very little data. Plus he goes off on an anti-Russian rant in the second half of the post.

I'd stay away from those blogs if I were you Neo-Con!!! The blog doesn't even say anything about the author or authors?

Tricam

Thank you Peter!

It appears that Russian diplomacy is active in Iraq. Nothing wrong with it?

If I were the governor of that province I would be inviting and encouraging the rich countries to invest in my city and not countries whose people were living nearly a famine just a decade ago and whose technologies were proven backward.
I know one (almost) a victim of a famine - mr.Abramovitch (look at his unshaved face). As for 'rich countries' then they would prefer not to risk their arses.

I don't like the Russians
Posted by Mohammed
I suppose that 'Mohammed' would like at least Russian women.

How is it going Sergey.
The first bit of news talks about an official invitation from Russia to Harith al-Dhari head of the Association of Muslim Scholars to visit Moscow to meet officials in the Russian foreign ministry and speak before the Doma.
I can't understand why the Russians chose to invite a nonofficial, extreme religious entity while it would've made much more sense to invite representatives from one of the major parliamentary blocs that can influence the political process. Not to mention that al-Dhari and his association had always tried to impede the political process, opposed the first election and boycotted the second and there's a growing gap even between this association and the Sunni politicians

I thought this quote was interesting and the title.

As the title suggested this follows after Hamas was invited to Moscow.
I was watching a Senate hearing on TV(A news clip). One member of the panel of experts Dennis Ross( Always worth listing to) was suspicious of Why Russia invited Hamas to Moscow. He concluded by the length of the meeting and the statement issued afterwords the objectives he considered important were not being helped by the Russians inviting Hamas to Moscow. Mohammed has come to the same conclusions about the Russians in Iraq.
Maybe he is a hasty in his conclusions as to what are their intention. He does ask the question who next.

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/templateC10.php?CID=8

Mohammed
Quote:
Just Remember Sergey it not Russians that are disliked its their policies.

NEO_CON said:
How is it going Sergey.
The first bit of news talks about an official invitation from Russia to Harith al-Dhari head of the Association of Muslim Scholars to visit Moscow to meet officials in the Russian foreign ministry and speak before the Doma.
I can't understand why the Russians chose to invite a nonofficial, extreme religious entity while it would've made much more sense to invite representatives from one of the major parliamentary blocs that can influence the political process. Not to mention that al-Dhari and his association had always tried to impede the political process, opposed the first election and boycotted the second and there's a growing gap even between this association and the Sunni politicians

I thought this quote was interesting and the title.

As the title suggested this follows after Hamas was invited to Moscow.
I was watching a Senate hearing on TV(A news clip). One member of the panel of experts Dennis Ross( Always worth listing to) was suspicious of Why Russia invited Hamas to Moscow. He concluded by the length of the meeting and the statement issued afterwords the objectives he considered important were not being helped by the Russians inviting Hamas to Moscow. Mohammed has come to the same conclusions about the Russians in Iraq.
Maybe he is a hasty in his conclusions as to what are their intention. He does ask the question who next.

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/templateC10.php?CID=8

Mohammed
Quote:
Just Remember Sergey it not Russians that are disliked its their policies.
Peter! And average Russian likes the Americans but many dislike American policy.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/C8FAC860-F236-4091-B055-5485A6405CBF.htm

Dr Harith al-Dhari is considered Iraq's most notable Arab Sunni scholar.
Personally I hear about him first time. But it appears that he is indeed a prominent representative of Sunnis in Iraq. I don't see anything wrong with his visit in Moscow.

http://www.thehindu.com/2005/12/10/stories/2005121004051000.htm

The entire project got off the ground last month in Cairo where a reconciliation conference on Iraq was held. Hosted by the Arab League, most of the leading players in Iraq — Iran, the U.S., Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Syria — assembled in the Egyptian capital.

Significantly, for the first time, Sunni leaders — many with close ties to Iraq's complex resistance movement — were also present. They included Harith al-Dhari
Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari headed swiftly to Moscow at the end of the Cairo conference to enlist support.
So 'Mohammed' is not right. Moscow is visited by Iraqi officials as well.

NEO_CON said:
A feverish Russian pursuit for finding a bigger role in Iraq in the two fields of economy and politics is becoming very noticeable lately.
And reading two recent news reports gives me the impression that this kind of Russian involvement does not serve Iraq's interests, instead it agitates the already unfavorable situation.
Good god!!! A wrong-wing blog actually accepting that Iraq has been screwed up!!! It's taken 3 years, but at last they're starting to see what is so painfully obvious to everyone else... :wink:

Thank you neo_com for the insight.

Maybe somebody has read my signature.... :)