After Action Report - Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Mar 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Appologies for the long C+P but i thought i found it interesting

The following unclassified AAR (After Action Report) was prepared by four Marines (a sergeant, a corporal and two lance-corporals.) AARs are usually written by officers, so this one is special. It’s very grunt level in its observations

Lessons Learned: Infantry Squad Tactics in Military Operations in Urban Terrain During Operation Phantom Fury in Fallujah, Iraq

Section on squad tactics has been left out for opsec.

AAR Iraq
  2. Those insurgent tactics sound awfully familiar 8O
  3. Interesting reading. However why leave out the section on squad tactics etc for Opsec reasons when they're all there on document you have then linked to? It's hardly increasing the security by making someone click on a link... :?:
  4. msr

msr LE

It's from here:

But you need a septic email address to get it:

Any user email addresses not from the U.S. Government, U.S. Military, U.S. Companies, or U.S. Research Institutions will not be processed.

5. Another long cut and past but worth the read:

6. The reason i didnt post the squad tactics when it is already in the public domain is that i didnt want to make them any more widely known than they allready are by certain sections (ie insurgents or sympathisers). If they really want to find them, why should i make it any easier for them? 8O
  7. Nice to have someone agree with me :D