After a particular piece of webbing

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by dw192065, Mar 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, First off I'm not at all military orientated or what-not, just an outdoorsman that use surplus kit because of it's bombproof quality....well most of the time.

I've got a KarrimorSF Predator and it's a cracking bit of kit for my use, nothing as hard as what it would get in the field but still, i can't fault it, I've got army surplus side pouches to go with it and have got a Predator sidepocket that I'm wanting to mount on the back outside of the pack (so the pack has 3 external sidepocket attachment points.

I've custom made a zip attachments that thread into a MOLLE patch on the pack and zips the side pocket onto the pack but i've got nothing top/bottom to secure the 20mm PLCE clips.

I'm trying to find a piece of webbing that I'm sure ive seen on Osprey Mk IV armour, similar to this:

But with the male PLCE buckle attachment, picture this merged with the above:

with the male PLCE buckle in place of the D ring. I hope this is making sense, i figured you may have come across them as some point and can try me where i can get some. I've trawled the NSN thread but couldn't seem to find that i was looking for.
  2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

isnt that the female fastex though?

just make some. its easy enough a hot knife for the cutting, use dental floss for the thread and takeaway tub if you need a stiffener.
  3. That is, i was just attaching it as an example so you could mentally picture it better. I could craft it but if I'm able to pick it up already done then it saves swearing, blood, tears and faetal position rocking when it all goes to pot.
  4. Grumblegrunt

if its to go in a fixed position then hot gluing a web overlap works well. I've been making simple fastex belts that way for 25 years. hot gluing the whole thing would probably work pretty well

those t shaped tabs are IIRC in the black bag osprey kit for hanging your weapon off the vest. not sure on the size though.

if you want fastex then go onto the fastex web site and you can have 5 free samples. they do some cool 20mm clips with built in whistles.
  5. I go along with the "make it yourself" suggestion. Do an ebay search for a gadget called a Speedy Sticher and it will make the stiching part of it very simple indeed. The sticher isn't compulsory, it's just that you'll quickly get into the habit of making all sorts of useful things, and then it'll be very handy. Waxed thread or fishing line would also be good for stiching webbing like this. Frankly, it isn't a difficult job to do either.
  6. Didn't know about the 5 free samples, will all the 25mm fit the PLCE side pouches? you'll have to forgive my ignorance I really am clueless about exact specs of these things.
  7. black bag osprey kit? didn't know about the 5 free buckles, I take it the classic 25mm is compatiable with 25mm buckles on PLCE kit?

I have looked there but that was only the D ring version.
  8. Grumblegrunt

20mm sr20 IIRC

Classic SR | EU ITW Nexus

there used to be a sample link but they've changed the site. I think you can just ask in an email saying you are a small scale kit maker that's what I did ages ago.

mind you they are cheap enough on ebay just make sure they are proper itw not copies. or if you can get one cheap a side pouch yoke has all you need on it.
  9. You've just described my normal day, are you posh or something?!
  10. oh hell no, lest i hope not :skull: that said, can you be from Swindon and posh? 8O
  11. Grumblegrunt

swindon - just down the road from me then.

nope not posh.
  12. Grumblegrunt

I see what you are trying to do - bushcrafty type then.

get some plce yoke straps I reckon for clips and strap so you can try different options. not sure you will have enough molle panel to secure that pocket like you want. stitching fixed points to the bag like the sides might be a better option.
  13. Only reason I'm doing the MOLLE method is so that they are removable and stowable so when i'm not using them, they get stashed in the inner pocket.
  14. Grumblegrunt

check it will fit first but the top clips will need to be under the lid at the top of the bag mouth I reckon.

I've done plenty modding and making over the years. I had a bergan with 5 side pouches :)