African Infantryman of the Year

This needs to be in the feline funnies thread ... you can see from the look, ‘Ok, you may think this is funny and clever ... but tonight you are going to be asleep, and I am going to slide under your duvet and, with great precision and exquisite purpose, extend my razor-sharp claws through your scrotum and into your testicles. You will wake up with a sudden, disconcerting and inexplicable pain in your gonads, shriek and leap up in a panic, at which point I will depart rapidly with your orchids embedded in my claws ... ‘
Or just shit on your pillow.

and pizza , he's paid in pizza's .

Please be warned , when I posted this pic a few months back I received quite a few "olds"
Never gets old, even though it might have the second or third piccy posted on this thread 10 years ago.

Never gets old, even though it might have the second or third piccy posted on this thread 10 years ago.
Nice reminder of the standard of infanteer our sons will be dealing with now our time is done and our knees are whinging worse than the missus....hopefully.

Londo

LE
It is if I may say , one of my all time favorite pics and I'm more than happy to see it posted again .

Ah yes; the famed .577 tyrannosaur.
Not for the faint-hearted, or those who fail to shoulder the rifle correctly.

It reminds of a S. African friend of mine, he is the one I went on holiday to his friends small (5000 odd acres) farm in NR mentioned in my "Tales of a colonial policeman" thread on here.
He was big bloke some 6'3" & about 18 stone but in his younger days had played on the wing for the Transvaal rugby team, so no slouch. He had a lovely double barrelled Rigby .470 nitro express rifle complete in its box. He loved to have a bet, the rifle v £50 if anyone could stand to attention & fire off both barrels without taking a backward step or being knocked over by the kick. No one ever won & even he couldn't do it. The only way to fire it was to firmly brace the right leg well back while leaning into the shot!
similar to this one ...

1568986789672.png

It reminds of a S. African friend of mine, he is the one I went on holiday to his friends small (5000 odd acres) farm in NR mentioned in my "Tales of a colonial policeman" thread on here.
He was big bloke some 6'3" & about 18 stone but in his younger days had played on the wing for the Transvaal rugby team, so no slouch. He had a lovely double barrelled Rigby .470 nitro express rifle complete in its box. He loved to have a bet, the rifle v £50 if anyone could stand to attention & fire off both barrels without taking a backward step or being knocked over by the kick. No one ever won & even he couldn't do it. The only way to fire it was to firmly brace the right leg well back while leaning into the shot!
similar to this one ...

View attachment 418061
We had to sight that kind of artillery in when I worked there. Plus much worse up to double .600's . Got through a lot of underpants on the range days.

Ciggie

GCM
We had to sight that kind of artillery in when I worked there. Plus much worse up to double .600's . Got through a lot of underpants on the range days.
Saw some light armoured vehicles in Sudan.....heavy artillery doesn't bear thinking about....

458 Lott is the furthest I've gone with a double rifle - no worse than a 10 bore wildfowling piece with a decent load.
Mind you, I thought .50BMG was a pussy....

DSC_0756 (Small).JPG

Felt odd firing it off the right shoulder but I decided on discretion, having had some radical remedial work done on my left shoulder less than 24 hours prior to flying out.

Posted for @Londo , as he couldn't work the right buttons.

It's worth a look, but please don't laugh too much.

Londo

LE
They look like the dribbling spaccer Malema's brains trust.
They is ossifers you can tell by the brown shoes and highly decorated ossifers at that . Although I'm sure if they were back in civvy street that little runt at the front left would revert back to being a witch doctor .