African Infantryman of the Year

Don't do whatsapp myself but a colleague showed me a clip on there I can't find on youtube. It's somewhere in the Sudan and shows a bloke in uniform climbing up on a technical and waving his arms about in celebration while his mate fiddles with a Duschka (could be Degtyarev - only got a single glimpse). Duschka Boy has ND and blows the arm waver off the top of the technical.

Zero chance I'll be getting my ten quid (Sudanese) back now.

Don't do whatsapp myself but a colleague showed me a clip on there I can't find on youtube. It's somewhere in the Sudan and shows a bloke in uniform climbing up on a technical and waving his arms about in celebration while his mate fiddles with a Duschka (could be Degtyarev - only got a single glimpse). Duschka Boy has ND and blows the arm waver off the top of the technical.

Zero chance I'll be getting my ten quid (Sudanese) back now.
It's on bestgore.com and is very amusing.

Cheers muchly.

Ah so. Couple of the clips are similar to the blokes we pulled out after they strolled through a minefield. Chucked one bloke in the back of the aircraft with his leg and foot tucked up under his armpit to get it out of the way

Cheers muchly.

Ah so. Couple of the clips are similar to the blokes we pulled out after they strolled through a minefield. Chucked one bloke in the back of the aircraft with his leg and foot tucked up under his armpit to get it out of the way
It's nice to take home souvenirs.

Only souvenir was a BFO Dinka moering stick and the stench stuck to the inside of my sinuses. Took me around five years to stop getting the odd whiff of gangrene, shit, piss and puke that decorated the inside of the aircraft every trip.

Was told the trick is to put a little Vicks menthol chest rub on your top lip to mask the noff, but that's a lie. The only effective way was to shove as much Vicks up your nose as you could to completely clog up your sinuses.

Was told the trick is to put a little Vicks menthol chest rub on your top lip to mask the noff, but that's a lie. The only effective way was to shove as much Vicks up your nose as you could to completely clog up your sinuses.
True.
We've both searched rural khayas snd know what that's like.
My own cure for the permanent stink was to flush the sinuses.
Or more accurately keep snorting manzi until the smell went or it hurt my head.

Interesting thought. Could go some way to explaining my pissed up party trick of snorting cooked spaghetti, oysters and raw eggs. One ntombezaan managed to refill her G&T with veg soup when I hoovered up ten inches of linguine on a date. Silly tart shouldn't have challenged me.

Last edited: