African Infantryman of the Year

Let's not forget Brucie

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

I know its not quite on thread but hey, its in the same spirit.

Some of these remind me of the time when me and a bunch of the lads were a bit bored after a jump had been cancelled. Somebody (may have been me or the Emperor) decided it would be a great idea to try some Paracending. Equipment : 1 x Series 3 land rover, 1 x Reserve parachute, 1 x Abseiling rope, 1 x idiot, 6 bored paratroopers. If we had phones with recording facilities back then we would have made a fortune. :)

I
Some of these remind me of the time when me and a bunch of the lads were a bit bored after a jump had been cancelled. Somebody (may have been me or the Emperor) decided it would be a great idea to try some Paracending. Equipment : 1 x Series 3 land rover, 1 x Reserve parachute, 1 x Abseiling rope, 1 x idiot, 6 bored paratroopers. If we had phones with recording facilities back then we would have made a fortune. :)
It's like watching the Wright brothers struggles for flight:cool:

You got to be hard to get into the Nigerian army

21-year-old Ismaddeen Datti of Inuwa Dutse Housing Estate in Dutse capital of Jigawa state has disclosed that he went into sodomy in order to be enlisted into the military.

The suspect, who was paraded by Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, for allegedly defiling a 14-year-old boy, said he had been into the act to get job into the Nigerian Army.

He explained that he was ordered by a sorcerer to indulge in the act if he wants his dreams to be fulfilled.

“I had been applying into the Nigerian Army recruitment severally but failed in the process. I then decided to visit a sorcerer with my ambitions where he instructed me to indulge into the act of sodomy with boys for my dream to be actualized,” he stated.

The suspect, who happened to be a shop owner in the quarters, was arrested for sodomising a 14-year-old boy. He confessed to have lured the boy by giving him provisions which include: minerals, juices, biscuits, milk and money.

In a press statement, the Jigawa state commander of the Nigerian Security and civil Defence Corps, SC Adamu Shehu said it was the curiosity of the boy’s mother that led to his arrest.

Shehu added that one Umar Abubakar (70yrs) of Makwalla quarters, was also arrested for equally sodomising a man of 20 years from Zarenawa quarters in Birnin Kudu local government.

He explained, “The suspects were arrested while in the act at Birnin Kudu market at around 11:00pm by officials of the Vigilante group who immediately handed over the suspects to the NSCDC command.”

Abubakar is a tea seller, who uses free tea to lure some of his victims in the area.

Ah Jan 1984 Mount Byron , West Falklands. 30 RAF Radar bods, 12 RA with blowpipe and GPMG for Air Defence, poor bastards working 3 man shifts with 17/18 hours of daylight every day. One Siggy , me sleeping 17/18 hours a day as comms are in.

Two BVs.

RAF BV driving Instructor flys up and takes 4 RAF , I R.A. and I for "driver training".

After arrsing about near the Radar site we all go down to "Death Cove" for our tests.

RAF Instructor jumps out and says to one of the RAF.

" As you have been briefed , FI directives state we cannot drive these a amphibious vehicles into the water".

"So, Cpl X RAF . Drive this BV across the bay onto that beach over there" OK wink wink."

ER Ok Sarg.

Off we go.

I and the RA bod were in the back so knew nothing of this until after.

All we knew was we were now driving into the sea?

After a few minutes we see the RAF climbing out the top hatches on the roof of the front and crawling onto the top of the back.

Cpl X tells us .. Started driving into the sea. Going well until Cpl Y said..

" Is it normal for water to be filling the floor?"

Driving instructor turns to Cpl X and said..

"YOU , ( I liked the "YOU" ) did check the bungs were in place to stop water getting in? did YOU?"

Err no.

We all jump off as the water is waste deep, wade to the beach. Front of the BV is now low in the water and only the rear is keeping it from sinking.

RAF driving instructor orders Cpl X to .

"Run back to the site , tell them what has happened . bring down to other BV"

3 hours later he returns but the BV cannot be towed out as its too far out to reach . Not going to risk another BV in the sea.

Onto the radio , after a few hours a Wokka turns up and they did manage to recover it.

We all got our conversions as well.
!2 regt had Rapier FSB1 in 1984

IMG_9232.JPG

Gas, ga...cough, splutter.... Probably struggling to breath, his nostrils look to be pressed up against the eyepieces. Not that he was going to get a lot of air through that filter anyway. No tac vest, no worries, try the camelfront.