African Infantryman of the Year

The CAR is heading for more chaos and slaughter, not helped by the supply of large amounts of Russian weapons and the deployment of a large number of Russian mercs (Vagner/Wagner PMC has been mentioned), ostensibly to protect the President, train troops and stabilise the country, but actually to gain mineral concessions for Russian companies and further the interests of the Kremlin kleptocracy. It is highly likely that among the Russian Mercs is a generous contingent of former French Foreign Legionnaires with CAR experience, as there has been a large amount of Russians in the Legion since the nineties.
Condottiere, this is very interesting stuff and worthy of a thread all it's own. It shouldn't be shared with photos of hyped up losers carrying rusty rifles and wearing wedding dresses and gum boots.

Cheers,
Dan.

Last edited:
It is hard to know where to start - but super-robo-soldiers have come to Africa.

But if you really must know more you can watch some great video here

You'll love the APC :D

Fast forward to 5:30 for Ghanaian military impersonates a clown car :rofl:

the first few seconds reveals the clown transport lol
I was reminded of the Dads Army episode where they turn the butcher van into transport with associated gunholes in the sides. Open 2 3 bang 2 3 bang 2 3 bang 2 3 close 2 3

It is hard to know where to start - but super-robo-soldiers have come to Africa.

But if you really must know more you can watch some great video here

You'll love the APC :D

Fast forward to 5:30 for Ghanaian military impersonates a clown car :rofl:
Tom Cruise in "Edge of Tomorrow" walts the lot of them.

Those motor cycle helmets are going to make a difference when under fire. The clown transport looks like it had been on an episode of pimp my ride. If you think that was bad there's also this fine video showing the development of the clown suits. Guys knocking them up seem to have some metal working skills. Just a pity they're wasted on this shoite. The protection level offered is astounding. I expect that the likes of DARPA are now frantically hoping to catch up with this advanced technology.

Wtf is the onboard oscilloscope used for?
ECM. They have a steerable directional antenna on the roof, and as they sweep, the signal from enemy radars is detected, and they use the 'scope to determine the PRF of the radar, and thus ID the particular set.

Oh no, silly me, I'm thinking WW2. These clowns aren't that far advanced :)

Simple question is , What type of steel is he using?

The first Buffel SA APC prototype was made from normal steel plate.

Quite a shock when it was taken to a range and a magazine of standard AK47 AP ammo was shot at it.

Lots of small holes and very red faces until it was explained .

The ones used were with hardened plate.