Afraid to post or just too busy?

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by pensionpointer, Dec 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In a PM with GQ, our Mod suggested that the current paucity of quality in- house banter was because the chain of command were inhibiting individuals from posting on ARRSE. The other reason that GQ suggested was our committment to Ops.

I am in a field unit warned for Ops and have not been made aware of any issues regarding ARRSE. Has anyone received any warnings about use of the site through their C-o-C or are we just a bunch of boring can't-be ARRSED bastards?

UQFEGD

pp

2. I'm not aware of any form of censure or control by the CoC, but with the demise of Ebay on DII/TAFMIS etc, how long before the site is blocked. WTF do I then do with the rest of my day!!

3. Hebetude it is then!

UQFEGD

pp

4. Work? lol

5. Can't see them blocking ARRSE, how would the CoCs keep up with the current issues? Read Vox Pop in Soldier maybe?

6. According to our Honourary Colonel.. he loves arrse!

7. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Most commanders do. :D. If nothing is happening worthy of note within the Gunners world, are we doing are job right or wrong, people will post if a burning issue appears upon the horizon as usual i have no doubt.

8. Just in case - sort out a proxy server!

9. There are some huge burning issues...they are just too sensitive for this means!

UQFEGD

pp

10. Must be some rumours from the DRA's Conf; or was it just an excuse for a p*** up?

11. GunnersQuadrant

Therein lies the answer to your original post PP. Any subject can be broached if submitted responsibly.

12. What about the loss of the Gunnery Instructors Course. From next year to be replaced by some sort of modular course. Is this more dumbing down or will it spread gunnery expertise amongst Gunner Officers?

Will it mean that the only Red hat bands will be worn by TIGs? Great as they are they do not have the full tactics training.

13. GQ,

Disagree. Some "rumours" merely panic the troops until they substantiated or fleshed out.

pp

14. GunnersQuadrant

Disagree all you need to PP. ARRSE is well known for containing rumours, facts and general gripes (truthful or not) in order for people to respond in kind.

If people dont want to talk about anything in particular then there is not a lot we can do about it.

I also think that people are clever enough not to be panicked by the majority of rumours on this forum/site.

If it is a clear set of facts in black and white approved by HQ DRA you are looking towards please look on the RAA website, we are here to provide an outlet for everyone whatever they want to talk about .

15. What like Regts being disbanded or sub units re-roled, no that doesn't cause any one worry or grief, best to get things out in the open so people can plan their lives and careers.