AFPS75 Pension % Increase over the years.

@FPS, has anyone ever challenged the lack of fairness in the AFPS/AFCS schemes only being linked to the CPI and not triple-locked? Surely, the government wouldn't want to intentionally disadvantage veteran pensions/compensation over the standard state pension...
You are Pen Farthing and I claim my £5.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
@Forces Pension Society, due to get my pension as from Feb 22 at age 60, I know what the lump sum will be and teh monthly payments, will there be any increments due at 65?

Forces Pension Society

Sponsor
Sponsor
@Forces Pension Society, due to get my pension as from Feb 22 at age 60, I know what the lump sum will be and teh monthly payments, will there be any increments due at 65?
If you had no service after 5 April 2006 all your AFPS 75 pension benefits are paid at age 60. From that age onwards the only increases are the April CPI adjustment. It is only AFpS 75 members who were in service on 6 April 2006 who have their pension benefits split into two parts.

If your scheme is not AFPS 75 let me know and I will set out what happens in that scheme.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
If you had no service after 5 April 2006 all your AFPS 75 pension benefits are paid at age 60. From that age onwards the only increases are the April CPI adjustment. It is only AFpS 75 members who were in service on 6 April 2006 who have their pension benefits split into two parts.

If your scheme is not AFPS 75 let me know and I will set out what happens in that scheme.
Thanks, AFPS75 it is and service ended in 94.

Latest Threads