Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFPS75 Pension % Increase over the years.

Some people are never happy.....

Hello FPS,

Would you be able to provide the pre commutable pension for a SSGT leaving after 22yrs Jun 10 and the % increase.

TIA

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hello FPS,

Would you be able to provide the pre commutable pension for a SSGT leaving after 22yrs Jun 10 and the % increase.

TIA
You can submit a pension forecast request to SPVA once a year.

Arse Gravy

War Hero
@Forces Pension Society The last time I saw a pension increase to my pension was in 2017. I've looked at the CPI inflation rates for the following years and this shows a slight increase. My question is should my pension have increased over these years. I left in 2010 as a WO2 and took full commutation.

Have another chaps, or indeed chappettes, not seen an increase on their annual pension statement for the years 2018 through to 2020?

Forces Pension Society

Sponsor
Sponsor
Hello FPS,

TIA
The Pension Codes are on the MOD's website (put Tr Service Pension Codes into your browser to find them). Assuming that you had exactly 22 years and had been a SSgt for at least 2 years, the 22 yr rate for a SSgt in June 2020 was 11,971. Assuming that you left between 1-26 June 2010, the increase would be 24.18% - so new rate 14,865

Forces Pension Society

Sponsor
Sponsor
@Forces Pension Society The last time I saw a pension increase to my pension was in 2017. I've looked at the CPI inflation rates for the following years and this shows a slight increase. My question is should my pension have increased over these years. I left in 2010 as a WO2 and took full commutation.

Have another chaps, or indeed chappettes, not seen an increase on their annual pension statement for the years 2018 through to 2020?
The increases have been very small as CPI has been running at a very low rate since 2010. If in doubt contact Equiniti Paymaster 0845 121 2514 or veteransukpension@equinitit.com and ask for confirmation.

Arse Gravy

War Hero
The Pension Codes are on the MOD's website (put Tr Service Pension Codes into your browser to find them). Assuming that you had exactly 22 years and had been a SSgt for at least 2 years, the 22 yr rate for a SSgt in June 2020 was 11,971. Assuming that you left between 1-26 June 2010, the increase would be 24.18% - so new rate 14,865
Hey FPS,
Thank you for the speedy response and the steer to the page.
Left at 22y 227d, last day was 19 jun. PVR'd to emigrate.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
For everyone using the kindness of FPS responding to these threads, they are a charity, so either bung them a donation or subscribe for a year to say thank you.

Forces Pension Society

Sponsor
Sponsor
Thank you for your kind words Daxx. It is true that we have a Charitable Fund but we rely on membership to run our enquiry service. We answer generic questions on the military blogs but, where it gets more than generic, I do ask people to join the Society so that the Pensions Team can give a full personalised answer.

Latest Threads