Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFPS 75 Medical Discharge - Preserved Pension

Perhaps foolishly I have never given this much thought before. I was medically discharged after 7 years service due to a non attributable illness in 1995. I was awarded a preserved terminal grant and pension, payable at age 60. I presume AFPS 75 would be the pension scheme relevant to my time served. Under the scheme should I have received an immediate lump sum and pension?

Yes your scheme would have been 75. Were you actually medically discharged (ie via a medical board) or were you administratively discharged on medical grounds? If an MD, I believe you should have received an enhanced Service Invaliding Pension plus 3x gratuity.

If you were MD’d I suggest you collect together your paperwork/request copy from Glasgow and contact the Veterans Gateway for help here.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I never went in front of a board, so presume it must have been an administrative discharge on medical grounds (asthma). I am in the process of requesting paperwork.

Latest Threads