AFPS 75 - another kick in the crutch?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Kaiser_Sose, May 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just chatting to a Navy blerk this morning, mainly giving him a bit of a slagging about AvN game on Saturday, but generally about how shite life had become..... MQs, pay, jobs - the usual stuff. However, he mentioned that the Navy PTB had sent out a dit stating that under new Govt legislation all those who remained on the AFPS 75 pension scheme, who retired before their full pension point, would have their benefits frozen at the rate that would have been due in Mar 2004 regardless of rank and seniority.

This might just be a nasty little rumour that someone has chosen to spread, but it does sound like it might have some truth to it as the Govt are trying to cut final salary pension schemes.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

2. I can't find a DIB on it. I know pensions taken before the full pension point are frozen at that level until you reach your full point. So if you bail at 16 years aged 38 you get no increase for 17 years until 55.

I hope your 'oppo was wrong!
  3. I know they are trying to screw with our commutation of pension under the Financial Services Act.

Hopefully they will be an ex government soon.