afps 2005 18/40 year query

hi, I am 40 in august and on the new pension scheme, by then I will be at my 17 year and 2 month point. If I put in my termination then do I qualify for my immediate pension when I step off ? (by then it will be my 18 year point). Or do I have to wait until I hit my 18 year point next june before I can put in my termination? thanks

hi, I am 40 in august and on the new pension scheme, by then I will be at my 17 year and 2 month point. If I put in my termination then do I qualify for my immediate pension when I step off ? (by then it will be my 18 year point). Or do I have to wait until I hit my 18 year point next june before I can put in my termination? thanks
You have to meet both the criteria, I am afraid. If you were to leave before you had served 18 years, you would get a resettlement grant and a pension preserved until you were 65.

You have to meet both the criteria, I am afraid. If you were to leave before you had served 18 years, you would get a resettlement grant and a pension preserved until you were 65.
You are really good at this aren't you?

I think you may need a little helper.