AFPS 05 Resettlement Grant.

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by Ronstar, Apr 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok go easy on me as I'm a noob to all this.

I have just signed off and completed 11 1/2 years service as a full screw. I have been told I'm entitled to a resettlement grant just over 10k. Can anyone enlighten me on this as I was under the assumption that I would not receive this under 05.

2. I thought you had to have served 12+ years to be entitled to the £10k resettlement payment.
  3. I will of done by the time I'm forecast to leave in feb 14.
  4. 12 months notice
  5. From the afps 05 guide....

The Resettlement Grant (RG) is intended to help you adjust to civilian life. You are entitled to a RG when you leave the Armed Forces provided you:
    • have served at least 12 years;
    • are not entitled to any other immediate payments,
    eg ill-health pension or EDP;
    • are not a member of the Reserve Forces Pension Scheme 05 (RFPS 05), which does not offer
    a RG, or AFPS 75, which has its own RG arrangements.
    And have:
    • not previously received a RG under AFPS 05 or
    under AFPS 75); or
    • received a RG under AFPS 05, and rejoined voluntarily in 30 days or less of your discharge, and have repaid it; or
    • received a RG under AFPS 75, and have rejoined voluntarily in 121 days or less of your discharge, and have repaid any necessary portion of the lump sum. Should you leave again and still qualify for the payment, your entitlement will be limited to the same proportion of the RG as was repaid.