Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by soleil, Mar 14, 2013.
The heart of the site is the forum area, including:
Office of Manpower Economics - AFPRB reports
• A one per cent increase in base pay;
• A 0.5 percentage point increase in X-Factor from 14.0 to 14.5 per cent;
• A one per cent increase in Specialist Pay, Compensatory Allowances and Reserves’ Bounties;
• Targeted pay measures:
–– Merging the existing Chaplains CF1 and Principal Chaplain pay scales to create a new Chaplains CF1 scale;
–– A new Financial Retention Incentive for Weapon Engineering Submarines Strategic Weapons System personnel;
–– A new Commitment Bonus for Direct Entrant Territorial Army Junior Officers and ex-Regulars in the early years of their Reserve service.
• A 3.7 per cent increase to grade 1 for charge Service Family Accommodation and Single Living Accommodation rental charges in line with the rental component of RPI; and increases of 2.5 per cent to grade 2, 1.2 per cent to grade 3 and zero to grade 4;
• A Daily Food Charge of £4.43 (a decrease of 3 pence, or 0.7 per cent).
So disincentives for retention instead of incentives?
Good result given the circumstances, particularly given the pain many others in the country are going through. Biggest impact is on future pension rates - not looking good.
Don't get this bit:
"A new Commitment Bonus for Direct Entrant Territorial Army Junior Officers and ex-Regulars in the early years of their Reserve service."
£5000 tax free over 4 years for officers and ex reg, but nothing for any other TA entrant. Recrutiment incentive? Also what about a bounty is this instead of?
Separate names with a comma.