AFPRB 2010...

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by jim1556, Feb 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As above... Apparently this years report was submitted to Gordon around the end of January!
    Any news/rumours etc? :?

I know there's no requirement for HM Govt to release it yet but come on - surely they can't leave it til 31st March again... :x

Erm, oh yeah - they probably can!!! 8O

2. 0% and you should be grateful. You heard it here first.

3. I rekon 2.4%.

Just a wild stab in the dark, but probably the most accurate piece of info you will get untill March 31st.

4. I'd guess somewhere between the last 2 posts with food and accom rising a lot more. In one hand, out the other!

5. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 2.4% - seeing as I have ran out of increments!

6. Sounds like the fat one-eyed sweaty sock wants council tax bills to go up, obviously too busy giving our money to Haiti and Chile...

Call me cynical but I can't see anything left for us...

7. I was under the impression that council tax (certainly for where I live) was going to be a minor increase? Lowest in ages... has that fat **** changed that?!

8. If the AF get anything, any increase is almost guaranteed to be wiped out by inflation and increases in food/accommodation charges. In effect, just like the rest of the public service, a pay cut.

Of course, any pay award above 0% will be accompanied by Brown/Mandleson/Jobsworth announcing, "We fully appreciate the dedication of the AF and are therefore awarding them 1.5%, which is an increase of 1.5% more than the rest of the public services and is therefore an increase in real terms blah, blah, blah."

9. No, Council tax rise are to have their lowest increase since it began in 1993. The average increase is about 1.6%.

All sound good so far?

So, ask yourself why? Why would council tax increases be so low during a recession when the opposite should be true?

Easy, peasy.

The Independent

In effect, a pre-election ruse from central Government.

10. A recent post from PPrune...

----
    Radar Command:

Stop me if I'm wrong, but for the last 10-15 years, the private sector have been giving themselves inflation-busting pay rises while the public sector for the most part has had to endure lower than inflation rises in order to keep in line with the govt's inflation targets. However, now that the private sector is feeling the squeeze and cutting pay it expects the public sector to do the same. Perhaps the private sector should have shown a little more restraint when times were good.

Maybe if AFPRB 39th report reflects the current inflation rate (3.5%) as it has always claimed to do in the past the public sector may start to close the gap that has opened up between private and public salaries over the last 15 years.

Then again, when has this govt ever stood up for anything? We'll see 1.5% if we're lucky in order to placate the private sector.
    ---

Anyone know what month's CPI/RPI is used when calculating any rise for us?

11. Maybe its just that the private sector live in the real world of profit and loss and the public sector well........

12. Nice to see the Government can announce their own 1.5% £1000 pay rise before ours...

Once again, the contempt they show the Armed Forces is stunning...

Tossers!

13. They will all be sat in their second homes counting their cash!!

14. Or paying a family member to do it for them then submitting their claim for re-imbursement first thing Monday morning.

15. For those with access to the t'intranet, check out the message from the CDS and PUS. For those without access, it sets the scene for a gloomy looking pay announcement whenever that should appear (2359 on 31st March would be my guess).