Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FNUSNU, Mar 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 2.8% for all, but the rent has gone up 3.2% or ther-abouts. :x
  2. At least 2.8% of your wages is more than 3.2% of the current charge for quarters. All that wait for 2.8% though...
  3. 2.8% is better than cynical me expected.

I've had a look at the full document on the intranet and there doesn't appear to be any mention of LOA rates. I've seen the changes to LSA, but not LOA. Does anyone know if this is intentional on the part of the AFPRB or if it will be addressed in a different report/document?
  4. AFPRB don't do LOA. That isn't pay as such.
  5. LOA is assessed against a set criteria and takes into account the FFR.

Last amendment was Jan 09 I think and I believe its reviewed Qtrly/6monthly )(Not too sure about the frequency - happy to be contradicted.)
  6. What planet are you on? You think the only thing coming out of my wage that is going to rise this year is a charge for quarters?

Take a look around, go to a supermarket even and buy the same things you bought a year ago and see what the bill is. RPI, CPI, they are all bollox. The ACTUAL cost of living is rising faster than the sea level (if the other thread is to be believed/not).

To be honest i did not expect any more this year but to be told we have done well is a kick in the teeth.
  7. Well it's good news for Cpls selected for Sgt as they get a 5% pay rise. Other good news is the 60 days knocked off LSA qualifying days.

What is pants though is the fact that the fact majority of charges have gone up greater than the 2.8% rise we have been awarded. I would love to say I am suprised about this but I am not. It's not like the quality of the food is going to go up now that I will be paying more.