Afghans demand withdrawal of Danish, Dutch troops

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skynet, Mar 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afghans demand withdrawal of Danish, Dutch troops 50 minutes ago

HERAT, Afghanistan (AFP) - Thousands of Afghans burned Dutch and Danish flags on Saturday and demanded that their troops be sent home over cartoons and a film seen as an insult to Islam, police and witnesses said.

The protests were the latest in a series across the country to protest Danish cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed and a Dutch film that its far-right maker says will depict the Koran as a "fascist book."

More on the link
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080308/wl_sthasia_afp/afghanistandenmarknetherlandsreligionmedia;_ylt=A0WTcWhY_9JHSCQAthRvaA8F

2. Maybe we should draw some cartoons too?

3. What, no one has made any comments about the Afghans withdrawing their Asylum seekers yet?

4. Well I think I should stage a riot as a protest about your avatar being a caricature of Jesus... except that it looks like "The Buddy Christ" from my favourite film Dogma...so I think I will turn the other cheek and watch the DVD again! As it says in its opening credits: "Remember that even God has a sense of humour, just look at the platypus!"

Rather than violent protests they should just satisfy themselves with a strongly worded letter to The times, far more satisfying!

5. Anyone know the Farsi for "Jog on and grow up you whining cnuts"?

6. How about the Farsi for, "We can always fuck off home and let you fight the Taliban all by yourselves, 'coz we all know what a bang up job you did of it before, don't we? I reckon it'll be that lamppost over there they string you up from, you ungrateful tosser."

Probably lose something in translation.