Afghanistan: French up to their usual tricks?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AndyPipkin, Oct 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why oh Why do the French run a consitent policy of France first all the time. Not good people to be allied with.
    Mind you the troops on the ground seem to have taken a share of the fighting.
  2. Perhaps we should learn from the french?!
  3. Yay!

Another French bashing thread around a non-story.

These would be the same French that have already lost people in Afghanistan would it not? The same French who committed Special Forces and other Soldiers from the off?

The same French that wouldn't help us, but formed over 2 dozen RAF Squadrons, not to mention Commandos and SAS? The same French, some of whom covered our retreat on Dynamo and continued fighting even after the fall of Paris? "They wouldn't even help us rid France of the Nazis" . I'm not sure SOE would agree with that.

Not to mention the same cowardly dogs that left in excess of 50,000 of their own at Verdun , taking a great deal of pressure off the Somme Front?

Chirac says , nothing has been decided, and they're talking about re-balancing, as surprise surprise , we do. But someone has built a story , along the 'surrender monkeys' line again. I guess the French CGS doesn't have to speak out of turn over l'Irak now does he?
  4. Ironically, as far as Iraq goes the French turned out to be more right than the US and the UK.Whatever you say about them, they were right, we were wrong.

In other news, unconfirmed reports say the French Army surrendered after the North Korea nuclear test.
  5. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Mate I think you'll find this has already been explained in the Afghan latest fighting thread.