Afghanistan Discussion

Discussion in 'US' started by Yank_Lurker, Aug 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Considering we wouldn't even be stuck in that fcuking shitehole if the Taliban had turned over Bin Ladin per our demands in 2001. But they said they couldn't because of Islam's hospitality rules. Lying fcuks.

RIP Devil Dogs.
  2. well if you didnt arm them with stingers and communications perhaps it would now be a Russian problem?

RIP men stand down you have done your duty well.
  3. Actually, if the Afghans were serious and wanted to be treated as serious partners that is what should happen. Will it? I have not been there, but I doubt it. Perhaps the Afghans should start thinking about showing some reverse hearts and minds.

Then again, thinking about it and the RSS feeds from MOD why has the Afghan determination to be free from the Taliban et al never been brought to attention by devout muslim imans declaring fatwa against the cnuts who did this and countless other acts.

There is another thread on here about the black hole of 38 Bn not being a black hole. If that should be so, can the blokes just disable the kit and come home tomorrow and let other means resolve future problems?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Something in the grammar taught methinks
  5. No sh!t, huh?

You may not have noticed but we had to invade that hole to try to get him, and once there, you can't just pull up stakes and fcuk off as soon as he's wasted.
  6. Are you retarded?
  7. Did you sleep through 9/11 and the following 11 years?
  8. What the **** does afghan now have to do with "9/11"!?
  9. Precisely. This war has morphed from being a counter-terrorist operation, justified and necessary at the time, to an utterly pointless nation-building exercise doomed to failure. How is securing some Afghan villages making the West safer? How many terrorist plots in recent times, successful or not, have been launched from Afghanistan? Terrorism has changed and so should the way of fighting it. I don't what the answer is but clearly it isn't this.

10. You may have noticed we only wasted Bin Ladin last year, and a lot of his a$$hole buddies are still running around the place. There's also the minor question of what to do with the place now that we've gotten stuck in there. I know you're all for female genital mutilation and the slicing off of womens' noses, but some of us have a problem with that.
  11. And what would you recommend we do once we've pulled out and another 9/11 is launched by people sheltering with the Taliban? Send them flowers?
  12. I don't think the chances of that are very high. AQ has moved on, to Yemen, Sudan, Somalia and various other places. A lot (most?) of recent terror plots are "home-grown" ones, originating from within western countries, sometimes even by people born there. What has this latest Moslem US Army soldier caught trying to make/acquire explosives ( I can't remember the details) got to do with the Taliban? By fixating on Afghanistan I think the US (and other countries) are possibly degrading their security not improving it.
  13. I can tell you one thing, you're not going to change it.
  14. All the shite-flinging aside, I agree that the continuing campaign in Afghanistan is problematic and worthy of serious discussion. Serious discussion of issues is problematic in these environs with most of the population possessed of a manic obsession with blaming the US for everything from terrorism, global poverty, and the heartbreak of psoriasis.

15. I think you should compare the number of 9/11 casualties to the currently known number of Iraqi and Afghan civilian casualties that have cropped over the years.

I don't have any sympathy for the bastards who are backstabbing NATO soldiers when we're actually trying to help them, I'm not defending the enemy one bit. I'm simply making a point that Americans thinking that their nations actions have been justified because of 9/11 is Grade A Cuntishness.

Yank Lover, I don't know if you've had a drink tonight mate but this is a couple of times you shot your mouth off in a gung-ho, typically thoughtless American fashion and a lot of people on this site don't have any time for it.

Anyways - RIP to the three marines. A real tragedy.
    • Like Like x 1