Afghanistan-bacha bazi

That's not quite true though, is it? There was very well reported case of a US Captain who gave some sodomising Afghan Police Commander a bit of a severe 'talking to' which probably involved violence, for bringing his sex slave on his base. The Captain was sacked. The sacking was only recently upheld in the good, ole US of A.

Starting to see a pattern here? Don' t blame the guys in theatre, even when they tried they were either ignored or threatened with disciplinaries.
I think I shared the Martland story on this thread.
I am not blaming anybody. There have been other whistle blowers in the US, I am in touch with one.

Sri Lanka and Colombia are not Islamic countries. Sexual violence against any gender is about power.
Well done.

Is there international allowance of it in those cases?

Or are you just realising that the whole world doesn't behave like an episode of the Archers?

As has been explained to you numerous times. This kind of activity doesn't confine itself to conflict zones. Where it does thrive is with cultural acceptance possibly driven by lack of law.

However what you've hopefully discovered is that Tommy Aitkens whilst being shot at or worrying about treading on an IED understands that the priority is to set the ground work for that long winded, generationally driven change that is required to set the basis to stop this activity.

I'm sorry if you feel I was complicite in such actions, but I didn't feel that shooting an unarmed Afghan policeman at 200m and risking the lives of my oppos in getting into a 360 degree firefight with afghan police, taliban, pissed off locals who like to fight and any other dozen of actors in Afghanistan in order to stop what has been happening for centuries.

I've probably done more to stop it than you ever will. When I first went to AFG the satellite imagery showed a black hole north of Pakistan at night because there were no lights. They now have lights, hospitals, girls who go to school, an ever lowering infant mortality rate, an ever increasing life expectancy. Once that continues and becomes the norm the maybe they'll start questioning the religious norms that are thrust on them and not only stop bumming boys, but treating women properly.

it is rife.
That is all needs be said really.
Horrible.
So I hear.
I take all your points about conflict not being a causative factor, being endemic and steeped in cultural acceptance. But aside from the few young individuals who consent to this, I would say given a choice, kids wouldn't want this in their lives.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Yes, good point. If they aren't under-18 and it is consensual then its fine, isn't it?
You're thinking of age of consent, that's not really relevant. I understand it's better not to breed with a bitch the first time she comes into season, what do they do in the wild?

Well done.

Is there international allowance of it in those cases?

Or are you just realising that the whole world doesn't behave like an episode of the Archers?

As has been explained to you numerous times. This kind of activity doesn't confine itself to conflict zones. Where it does thrive is with cultural acceptance possibly driven by lack of law.

However what you've hopefully discovered is that Tommy Aitkens whilst being shot at or worrying about treading on an IED understands that the priority is to set the ground work for that long winded, generationally driven change that is required to set the basis to stop this activity.

I'm sorry if you feel I was complicite in such actions, but I didn't feel that shooting an unarmed Afghan policeman at 200m and risking the lives of my oppos in getting into a 360 degree firefight with afghan police, taliban, pissed off locals who like to fight and any other dozen of actors in Afghanistan in order to stop what has been happening for centuries.

I've probably done more to stop it than you ever will. When I first went to AFG the satellite imagery showed a black hole north of Pakistan at night because there were no lights. They now have lights, hospitals, girls who go to school, an ever lowering infant mortality rate, an ever increasing life expectancy. Once that continues and becomes the norm the maybe they'll start questioning the religious norms that are thrust on them and not only stop bumming boys, but treating women properly.
I am sure you have.

I think I shared the Martland story on this thread.
I am not blaming anybody. There have been other whistle blowers in the US, I am in touch with one.
Whistleblowers on AFG are like @No.4 Mk.1. Unhinged with a belief of superiority in their own knowledge based on little to no experience In the area.

I did multiple tours in that country and have never felt the need to whistleblow because I got it.i understood things were sh*tty but trying to impose western values in a country as devastated as AFG wasn't going to happen overnight.

You're obviously upset about young boys being bummed. I met many NGOs who were equally passionate about, Owens issues,lack of access to healthcare, water, contraception, jobs, food, freedom of speech, trees,pomegranates, and even some crazy s who wanted to spread the word of God.

In all cases we got the blame somehow, nobody ever seemed to blame the afghans who were generally quite happy to sit on their arses expecting free hand outs of cash.

We could've sorted out Afghanistan quite easily, but sadly these days we're not allowed to march large army groups into foreign country's and lay waste to the population until they yield to our belief systems. Maybe you should research into how the Empire managed to stamp out so many horrific cultural norms like canabilism, slavery etc. It normally came down to the type of people you're no doubt trying to blame stabbing and punching these people into civilisation.

Whistleblowers on AFG are like @No.4 Mk.1. Unhinged with a belief of superiority in their own knowledge based on little to no experience In the area.

I did multiple tours in that country and have never felt the need to whistleblow because I got it.i understood things were sh*tty but trying to impose western values in a country as devastated as AFG wasn't going to happen overnight.

You're obviously upset about young boys being bummed. I met many NGOs who were equally passionate about, Owens issues,lack of access to healthcare, water, contraception, jobs, food, freedom of speech, trees,pomegranates, and even some crazy s who wanted to spread the word of God.

In all cases we got the blame somehow, nobody ever seemed to blame the afghans who were generally quite happy to sit on their arses expecting free hand outs of cash.

We could've sorted out Afghanistan quite easily, but sadly these days we're not allowed to march large army groups into foreign country's and lay waste to the population until they yield to our belief systems. Maybe you should research into how the Empire managed to stamp out so many horrific cultural norms like canabilism, slavery etc. It normally came down to the type of people you're no doubt trying to blame stabbing and punching these people into civilisation.
There's no blaming. I've come to the group asking for ideas, tips, understanding, not claiming to be an expert. Any view point should stand up to questioning. Why the defensiveness?

I've spent two decades in the human rights and humanitarian world. I know how it works. To get some acknowledgement, attention and programmatic response to sexual violence occurs against males, we have to narrow it to countries which are 'on the agenda of the security council'.
And once you've got the security councils attention what would you propose they do?

And once you've got the security councils attention what would you propose they do?
If and its a big if, this does come on the attention of the SC, it becomes a priority for UN humanitarian organisations, they create budgets and start funding local orgs who start educating, creating awareness, providing some services..currently sexual violence against males isn't part of any programmatic responses

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes, good point. If they aren't under-18 and it is consensual then its fine, isn't it?
So you're imposing an age barrier as set by the British parliament as the level for consensual sex? That's imposing your values on other cultures. I've reported you for cultural imperialism.

If and its a big if, this does come on the attention of the SC, it becomes a priority for UN humanitarian organisations, they create budgets and start funding local orgs who start educating, creating awareness, providing some services..currently sexual violence against males isn't part of any programmatic responses
Which hasn't been happening for the last ten plus years.

You may want to start your research on what's already been done and is being done.

Although I do pity the poor sod that has to rescue the well meaning westerner who decides to go out into the badlands to do the education.