Afghanistan-bacha bazi

Because Afghanistan, and especially Helmand and Kandahar where this stuff is most prominent, has been essentially ungoverned for its entire history so it's not like they'd have great crime reporting mechanisms to stop boys getting bummed.
I'll ask you to change that to Pashtun, balooch, Shia and Sunni areas of that part of the world to try and help our researcher get a little more insight. (There was a whole load of this stuff going on throughout the country involving not only our loveable Pashtun breatheren but Hazara, tajik, Turkmen, Uzbek, Arab and every denomination you can think of.)

Get a grip. There is nothing you can do about it. The last time I was in Kabul, which was about 3 weeks ago, it was rife. It was the same before we came, before Ivan dipped his toe in and always has been and always will be. It's a cultural thing, not acceptable agreed but so far ingrained it'll never change.

Traffic flow has improved.

Because Afghanistan, and especially Helmand and Kandahar where this stuff is most prominent, has been essentially ungoverned for its entire history so it's not like they'd have great crime reporting mechanisms to stop boys getting bummed.
That's a good point.
So what's the solution?

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'll ask you to change that to Pashtun, balooch, Shia and Sunni areas of that part of the world to try and help our researcher get a little more insight. (There was a whole load of this stuff going on throughout the country involving not only our loveable Pashtun breatheren but Hazara, tajik, Turkmen, Uzbek, Arab and every denomination you can think of.)
Welsh?

Education, time and breaking free from Islamic (religious) oppression.

You do know that young boys were seen as fair game in European history in the past?
I like to be positive but seeing as though it's still pretty common in rural Greece I reckon Afghan has still got a couple of thousand years to go to get to Greece's level of casual pederasty.

It's still rife in the Catholic Church but that doesn't fit my agenda of working on conflict
The fact you have an agenda makes me think you've already made your mind up.

It's still rife in the Catholic Church but that doesn't fit my agenda of working on conflict
If you're doing research on it for a paper then you can draw the following conclusions.

It happens in conflict zones in Islamic country's.
It happens in non conflict zones in Islamic countrys.
Conclusion is conflict isn't the main driving force is, the cultural norms in those country's are the norms and investigate what is driving those cultural norms.

For extra credit you could try and explain why guardian readers like to ignore the actions of those cultural norms within western nations that have failed to adopt western christo/Judaic based cultural norms.

I not a big fan of the extreme right and people like @rgjbloke, but you may finally get to understand that the poison they spread is based on reality however unpalatable that reality is to generation snow flake.

The fact you have an agenda makes me think you've already made your mind up.
I've spent two decades in the human rights and humanitarian world. I know how it works. To get some acknowledgement, attention and programmatic response to sexual violence occurs against males, we have to narrow it to countries which are 'on the agenda of the security council'.
I have documented MSVC (male sexual violence in conflict) in two countries and would like to contribute to a response. None exists. That's my agenda.

If you're doing research on it for a paper then you can draw the following conclusions.

It happens in conflict zones in Islamic country's.
It happens in non conflict zones in Islamic countrys.
Conclusion is conflict isn't the main driving force is, the cultural norms in those country's are the norms and investigate what is driving those cultural norms.

For extra credit you could try and explain why guardian readers like to ignore the actions of those cultural norms within western nations that have failed to adopt western christo/Judaic based cultural norms.

I not a big fan of the extreme right and people like @rgjbloke, but you may finally get to understand that the poison they spread is based on reality however unpalatable that reality is to generation snow flake.
Sri Lanka and Colombia are not Islamic countries. Sexual violence against any gender is about power.

There is no theory. This is a gross human rights violation which goes on in a country which is in a situation of armed conflict.
International troops are not complicit in this nor do they have a role in it. So I don't understand this collective defensiveness. Is it because the trainers had a role in preventing/ending this and didn't because it was too dangerous/not in their mandate?
It is universally established (study other conflicts) that all social inequities, culturally sanctioned practices-early child marriage included--are exacerbated during conflict.
Are you honestly telling me that Afghanistan is an exception?
That's not quite true though, is it? There was very well reported case of a US Captain who gave some sodomising Afghan Police Commander a bit of a severe 'talking to' which probably involved violence, for bringing his sex slave on his base. The Captain was sacked. The sacking was only recently upheld in the good, ole US of A.

Starting to see a pattern here? Don' t blame the guys in theatre, even when they tried they were either ignored or threatened with disciplinaries.

I've spent two decades in the human rights and humanitarian world. I know how it works. To get some acknowledgement, attention and programmatic response to sexual violence occurs against males, we have to narrow it to countries which are 'on the agenda of the security council'.
I have documented MSVC (male sexual violence in conflict) in two countries and would like to contribute to a response. None exists. That's my agenda.
Wouldn't they have more success in stamping out the practice in non conflict zone country's? Or is the plan to get funding, stay in a compound in that country, mix only with westerners and get a feel for the country through your chuckador whilst hosting lavish booze filled parties funded by class 4Cs sponsored silence?

Wouldn't they have more success in stamping out the practice in non conflict zone country's? Or is the plan to get funding, stay in a compound in that country, mix only with westerners and get a feel for the country through your chuckador whilst hosting lavish booze filled parties funded by class 4Cs sponsored silence?
You are absolutely right: we should be starting with non-conflict countries. But there is no traction, no political will to address it in these contexts where there is a functioning democracy and rule of law.
I have no plans of getting funding, staying in compounds etc...I want to do a good piece of research with a decent university and make sure the evidence is deployed to bring some change.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
You are absolutely right: we should be starting with non-conflict countries. But there is no traction, no political will to address it in these contexts where there is a functioning democracy and rule of law.
I have no plans of getting funding, staying in compounds etc...I want to do a good piece of research with a decent university and make sure the evidence is deployed to bring some change.
How do you think you can change these backward people?