Afghanistan-bacha bazi

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Because protection mechanisms that could have been operationalised in a conflict free area are not in place. There are awful cultural practices all over the world. India had widow burning which was criminalised by the Brits. India could enforce the criminalisation because they weren't fighting a conflict.
Are you on crack? There wouldn't be any protection mechanisms operating in Afghanistan, except perhaps under taleban rule.

Because protection mechanisms that could have been operationalised in a conflict free area are not in place. There are awful cultural practices all over the world. India had widow burning which was criminalised by the Brits. India could enforce the criminalisation because they weren't fighting a conflict.
India was able to criminalise it because we ran India. Any of the uppity wogs who broke the law were executed.

Do you know that we used to execute Indian mutineers by firing a cannon at them?

Are you on crack? There wouldn't be any protection mechanisms operating in Afghanistan, except perhaps under taleban rule.
And the taliban also bummed boys.

The soviets tried to modernise Afghanistan too quickly and had huge kick back from the general
Population.

Possibly not but you do have pre-conveived ideas and are firmly ignoring testimony from experienced soldiers that doesn't fit your theory. Why ask for it if you're going to ignore it?
There is no theory. This is a gross human rights violation which goes on in a country which is in a situation of armed conflict.
International troops are not complicit in this nor do they have a role in it. So I don't understand this collective defensiveness. Is it because the trainers had a role in preventing/ending this and didn't because it was too dangerous/not in their mandate?
It is universally established (study other conflicts) that all social inequities, culturally sanctioned practices-early child marriage included--are exacerbated during conflict.
Are you honestly telling me that Afghanistan is an exception?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
There is no theory. This is a gross human rights violation which goes on in a country which is in a situation of armed conflict.
International troops are not complicit in this nor do they have a role in it. So I don't understand this collective defensiveness. Is it because the trainers had a role in preventing/ending this and didn't because it was too dangerous/not in their mandate?
It is universally established (study other conflicts) that all social inequities, culturally sanctioned practices-early child marriage included--are exacerbated during conflict.
Give over, you yoghurt knitting loon

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
You've an 'ology haven't you...

Just nip down to any wedding hall on a Friday night and fill your boots with sweet, sweet young boy poon. You ******* pederast.

I had a pre conceived theory that I'm trying to prove as I have an agenda.

However I'm Now starting to realise that this gross human rights violation goes on throughout the Muslim world however Guardian readers in the UK have allowed it to happen in places like Rotherham in order to be politically correct
You've pretty much got it.

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Exactly-because there is a war on?
Because Afghanistan, and especially Helmand and Kandahar where this stuff is most prominent, has been essentially ungoverned for its entire history so it's not like they'd have great crime reporting mechanisms to stop boys getting bummed.

War crime is too narrow a definition in any case. Wearing a uniform does make all the difference.
You should go over to AFG sometime. Uniforms are the in thing. Everybody is wearing one.

You stop cultural practices like this tthrough education and development of the country.fir that you need a stable benign environment....and several generations.

I'm not condoning the practice, but short of dropping a JDAM on them (murder) or shooting them (murder) there's not a lot you can do to overcome cultural norms even if they don't jive with you're western based christo-Judaic belief systems(which themselves have evolved over time)

Those that saw it tended to either see it from a distance through a site so couldn't physically be there. Those that would've been up close and personal with afghan troops would've been massively outnumbered, already fearing for a rogue Afghan killing them and more worried about going out on patrol with afghans who were stoned off their tits.

I still remember a certain notorious border police chief telling us how the Pakistan border guards had kidnapped one of his guys earlier on in the week and gang raped him. His response was to kidnap a Pakistan border guard and gang rape him.

You're dealing with people who f**k farm yard animals for fun. That's something you they won't cover in your universities diversity training.

Get a grip. There is nothing you can do about it. The last time I was in Kabul, which was about 3 weeks ago, it was rife. It was the same before we came, before Ivan dipped his toe in and always has been and always will be. It's a cultural thing, not acceptable agreed but so far ingrained it'll never change.

Latest Threads