Afghanistan: against armchair appeasers and in defence of Dr Woo

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by armchair_jihad, Aug 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cracking bit in the Independent today,

In full

Julie Burchill: I'll be an armchair warrior any time, rather than an armchair appeaser - Julie Burchill, Columnists - The Independent
  2. Nice, how will the defeatist liberals spout back against that. It would have been funnier if she stuck it in the Daily Heil.
  3. I don't think I have ever before found myself in agreement with La Burchill, but I have to say that she is absolutely spot on in that article. The slow drip-drip of defeatism being fed into the bloodstream of the British public by a media that has switched from portraying service personnel as kill-crazy thugs to innocent 'boys' who need to be 'brought home' (so they can be ignored) will in time, I feel, be shown to be the principal reason that PM Cameron seems to be in a foot race with Obama as to who can declare defeat quicker in Aghanistan. Yes, the war is being conducted, manned, equipped, and funded in an arseways manner, but cutting and running is not the answer.
  4. Someone posted the link last week but it's worth repeating

I expect MsBurchill to become " surplas to requirement " at the paper any day now