AFGHANISTAN 2021:. THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT

The BBC's words are 'alleged', 'impossible to verify' and 'reports suggest'. The other words are not the BBC's, so what is your basis for trusting them and do they fall into one of the patterns I've described above?

Incidentally, most of the current furore stems from that chap they've mentioned, Adrian Zenz - exactly the sort of single origin I mentioned above. For a "leading expert on China's policies in Xinjiang", he's spent remarkably little time on it - up until 2019, his focus was on Tibet, despite not speaking any Tibetan and never having been there. He doesn't speak any Uighur, either, and his sole trip to Xinjiang was once in 2007 as a guest of the provincial government.

How about the professional opinion of a highly qualified and experienced QC? Or will it take video of Xi personally raping an Uighur woman in a concentration camp before you admit that the CCP's amorality, racist ideology and sadism make them the spiritual descendants of NASDAP?

How about the professional opinion of a highly qualified and experienced QC?
Her previous cases lead me to believe she sets quite a low bar for defining human rights violations.

The Clapham Omnibus definition of genocide would IMO include mass killing targeted at an ethnic group or preventing them from practicing their language and/or culture.

It doesn't include requiring minorities to learn the national language, placing restrictions on the religious education of minors or even mass detention.

Again, how does that mean the representatives of the Uighurs are telling the truth?

You are aware that it's possible for two opposing statements to both be lies, aren't you?
Although I'm in broad agreement with China's treatment of the enemy within ,they a conniving duplicitous thieving bunch of shits who breed like rats and are generally a two faced force of world wide chaos and rapacious greed and forgery . Other than that I have no strong feelings .

they a conniving duplicitous thieving bunch of shits who breed like rats and are generally a two faced force of world wide chaos and rapacious greed and forgery
Yet they've managed to be considerably less destructive on the world stage than the self-proclaimed good guys.

Yet they've managed to be considerably less destructive on the world stage than the self-proclaimed good guys.
Yes but it's not about success or failure it's about trying .
Trying is just the first step on the road to failure.
You have a point but I think my points are valid looking both back and forwards.

Carter was the fool who let the snake out of the box.

Dragons don't exist . Apart from the little lizardly ones and as they don't fly or breath fire don't count.
Snakes are low cold and dangerous .

Yeah, it doesn't matter how many civvies we kill so long as we meant well.

That's why Iraq and Afghanistan were such resounding successes.

bob231

War Hero
Trying is just the first step on the road to failure.
You have a point but I think my points are valid looking both back and forwards.
From the neutral PoV, I really don't think that holds up.

From the British PoV, that the Chinese can be favourably contrasted to us is concerning.

Whilst this dialogue between @smartascarrots @Werewolf et al is interesting is it more deserving of a place in a China thread?

Having said that; how China deals with part of it's own Muslim community, whilst simultaneously recognising the TB, yet suggesting they'll turn a blind eye to how they confront Massoud Jnrs Tajik opposition China's current challenge to empire building?

Contrary accounts of who's winning in the Panshir valley and lack of verifiable news sources don't help. If the fighting continues to the extent that it disrupts any cohesive Chinese ambitions to exploit the areas (and over how many years henceforth?) How much of a stumbling block to China is this? Could China be drawn into it's own covert war supplying the TB against the Tajiks? I'd assume they wouldn't need to filter any assistance through the Pakistanis/ISI?

Latest Threads