Afghan terrorists in the ROI

Interesting. Can't think of any particular reason why ragheads should want to target the ROI - they haven't got any troops in Afghanistan, surely? Pure speculation, but Tralee attracts droves of US (and UK) tourists in the summer - possible target(s) there?

LEGZ30 said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7272380.stm

3x Afghan nationals arrested in Kerry after the discovery of IEDs. Is this a first for the ROI? I don't remember any other reports of Islamic terrorists being caught this side of the Irish Sea.
I always thought Gerry Adam's beard was a bit suspect. Maybe they are members of the Irish Islamic Republican Army? Allah Akbar!!!

surely just following the traditional supply chain for terrorists wishing to attack the UK?

spike7451 said:
It'd be easy to slip into N.I,then hop a ferry to Stranraer without too much trouble from plod.
However I think the target was probably in N.I.

At least it makes a refreshing change from Irish terrorists in the ROI. I wonder what lengths the Guarda will go to to protect this bunch.

Allegedly.

Democritus said:
Interesting. Can't think of any particular reason why ragheads should want to target the ROI - they haven't got any troops in Afghanistan, surely? ?

care to bet on that one

lets say 100 Pound- paid to the RBL

smartascarrots said:
At least it makes a refreshing change from Irish terrorists in the ROI. I wonder what lengths the Guarda will go to to protect this bunch.

Allegedly.
We've already let them go...also paid for tickets on the next ferry to Swansea...they seemed keen to go.........

Three Afghans released without charge

The three Afghan men arrested in relation to the discovery of a suspiciuos device in Tralee Co Kerry have been released without charge.

The men, who are all asylum seekers in their 30s, were arrested at their hostel accomodation in Tralee at around 5pm yesterday after gardaí responded to information about suspicious devices.

Some wiring recovered from the room was subjected to a technical examination to see if it could have been used for any sinister purpose such as a component in an incendiary device.

Following the examination by members of the Garda Technical Bureau a spokesman said it was "not thought to be suspicious".

much a do about nothing

Hum, Yes the local breed knew just how to smuggle explosive devices from one side of the Irish Sea to the other.
Terro's are all brothers under the skin, don't suppose Gerry and his friends would be too upset if something went bang in UK.
john