Afghan redux

redux |r??d?ks; ?r??d?ks|
adjective [ postpositive ]
brought back; revived : the 1980s were far more than just the '50s redux.
ORIGIN late 19th cent.: from Latin, from reducere ‘bring back.’

Some very good and quite interesting photographs but I have to ask, what the feck is this?

It looks like an L82A1 on a metric arse-ton of steroids. Ladies and gentlemen I think we've just found the sniper walts new favourite weapon. ;)

EX_STAB said:
In fact this was the second occasion we were there!
Ah yes the 'Anglo-Afghan War II - This Time It's Personal!' Well, couldn't have done any worse than the first time around.

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Brick said:
Some very good and quite interesting photographs but I have to ask, what the feck is this?

It looks like an L82A1 on a metric arse-ton of steroids. Ladies and gentlemen I think we've just found the sniper walts new favourite weapon. ;)
Note also the guitar lying off to the left hand side. You think he's actually with the Red Army's Entertainment Troupe?

if that thing recoils with that eye relief its going to twat his head off !!

So no real difference from putting a sight on a L2A1. From the angle of the picture it just looked much larger.

Aside from the Afghanistan ones there are also a number of other interesting sets of photographs linked to down at the bottom of the page. My personal favourite so far has to the collapsable Ka-56 "Wasp" one man helicopter. I wonder what the range and maximum altitude of one of these things is. :)