Afghan redux

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Feb 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. I would be mildly interested if only I knew what a 'redux' was.

3. redux |r??d?ks; ?r??d?ks|
    adjective [ postpositive ]
    brought back; revived : the 1980s were far more than just the '50s redux.
    ORIGIN late 19th cent.: from Latin, from reducere ‘bring back.’

4. We were first!

[​IMG]

In fact this was the second occasion we were there!

5. Some very good and quite interesting photographs but I have to ask, what the feck is this?

[​IMG]

It looks like an L82A1 on a metric arse-ton of steroids. Ladies and gentlemen I think we've just found the sniper walts new favourite weapon. ;)

Ah yes the 'Anglo-Afghan War II - This Time It's Personal!' Well, couldn't have done any worse than the first time around.

6. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Note also the guitar lying off to the left hand side. You think he's actually with the Red Army's Entertainment Troupe?

7. if that thing recoils with that eye relief its going to twat his head off !!

8. It's a NSV 12.7mm HMG, The NSV heavy machine gun replaced obsolete DShK/DShKM 12,7 mm machine guns .

A different view:

Attached Files:

• nsv.jpg
      File size:
      40.1 KB
      Views:
  9. So no real difference from putting a sight on a L2A1. From the angle of the picture it just looked much larger.

Aside from the Afghanistan ones there are also a number of other interesting sets of photographs linked to down at the bottom of the page. My personal favourite so far has to the collapsable Ka-56 "Wasp" one man helicopter. I wonder what the range and maximum altitude of one of these things is. :)

10. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

It would be interesting to find out the story behind the Willis jeep a locals or old surplus war stock used by the Russians

[​IMG]