Afghan police intercept explosives-laden truck

Ministry of Defence said:
Afghan police and explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) personnel have seized a truck and destroyed the contents, which included enough explosives and component parts to make over 140 improvised explosive devices (IEDs).

More...

"Finding the back of the truck to be completely empty a closer investigation then revealed the hidden compartment in the back where the police found the haul of homemade explosives along with two pistols, a number of insurgent propaganda magazines and a significant amount of other IED components."

Poor drills on the part of the Taliban.

If they'd put half a dozen goats in the back, they would have been pinged as a mobile brothel and waved on through.

Well if the Afghan police are this good obviously we can start to pull out and leave them to it. Clearly it's mission accomplished and we can start a tactical money saving idea, I mean withdrawal, tout suite.

Fantastic.In theory that has saved over 150 Soldiers lifes.
Finally the ANP are gaining control of Afghanistan they are protecting their country from danger & Yes the ANA are also apart of this Protecting,but right now.. i would trust the ANP more.

And a lot of a lucky bugger.

Long may that continue.

Fantastic.In theory that has saved over 150 Soldiers lifes.
Finally the ANP are gaining control of Afghanistan they are protecting their country from danger & Yes the ANA are also apart of this Protecting,but right now.. i would trust the ANP more.
I thought it was the other way around (ANP being more drugged-up and/or more corrupt than ANA)?