Afghan platoon photos

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by codbutt, Jul 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Take a look at the photos on the Guardian site today of the typical Afghan platoon. Ye Gods! What is that third bloke on?

2. Do you mean this lot?
    [​IMG]

3. Perhaps he's just been told that his picture was going to apear in the Guardian?

4. [​IMG]

Why is it that all third world armies wear link draped over them like some sort of Mexican Bum Bandit. What's the point in wearing Camouflage when you have 500 shiny brass Cartridges glinting away in the sun. Besides that you'll get dust in the links or knock the bullets out of their links which will cause stoppages. Feckin Eejits.

5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

That's some seriously moody photgraphy. Rather good.

6. Third world armies?
    You have clearly never seen any Vietnam movies, everyone carries it that way....

7. Surely taken by 1st year art student almost certainly whilst wearing a shemag?

8. [​IMG]

What Johnny Afghan is thinking...
    Oh No. Now I've appeared in the Guardian. I'll get emails from smug lower middle class twats working as "Diversity Outreach Co-ordinators" telling me about how their Carbon Footprint has been reduced by buying their Tapenade at Waitrose in home made Hemp containers. THE HORROR!

9. A similar band washed my car last night, obviously I kept the doors locked and avoided eye contact.

10. Hopefully not the guys wearing the Wiley-X's at night. They'll have missed all the dirt round your wheel arches.

11. No matter I paid them in fake £1 coins anyway!!

13. Now...give me cute! Yes number 3..you!

14. [​IMG]

"Whaddaya mean the RAF Regiment aren't one of the Big Three?!!! But when I was at Kandahar, they told me..."

15. I'm OUTRAGED.

I mean, the Grauniad??