Afghan medal

Friend of mine has had his medals mounted but had a little Rose on the ribbon never seen that before what is it ? I have not got it on mine ?

It is a Rosette, and it is awarded for being in theatre during a certain time frame of "hostilities". I can't remember the exact dates for Herrick - but the early tours would qualify.

MB

If the rosette is on the mounted medal, then your friend has them mounted incorrectly: if he's entitled to the clasp 'Afghanistan', then the rosette is sewn to the ribbon when ribbons only are worn (No2 Dress, etc).

DITA

MIA
If the rosette is on the mounted medal, then your friend has them mounted incorrectly: if he's entitled to the clasp 'Afghanistan', then the rosette is sewn to the ribbon when ribbons only are worn (No2 Dress, etc).
Agreed!

But if hes now a civvy, surely its up to him what he does with them?

I dont agree with it on a personal level, certainly wont be doing it with my two rosettes. But I have seen a number of ex-squaddies do this, along with the ISAF medal mounted too.

Walting, bloating or just doing what they've seen others do?

ugly

LE
Walting, bloating or just doing what they've seen others do?
It doesn't matter really does it, those who know will know and those of us with just a GSM will wonder wtf they are all for.

DITA

MIA
It doesn't matter really does it, those who know will know and those of us with just a GSM will wonder wtf they are all for.
A very valid point!

Latest Threads