• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Afghan , infantry regiments on tour next year ?

Off to catterick on 2nd sept to join the royal Irish regiment.
Wondering what infantry regiments are planning tours for 2012-2013 ?

Thought 16AA weren't scheduled for anymore Herricks because they're taking on the ABTF?

Worry about getting through your training before you worry about going on tour. Once you're on your battalion you can start thinking about where they're off to.

4 SCOTS will be on H19 :)
Shhhhh..the walls have ears you know!! Terry Taliban will be planning the mass extermination of Haggis' in the 'stan meaning the Jocks won't have anything to shag!

Would 4 Scots be going back so soon..they only got home the end of last year..I thought it was a 4 year turn around?

Thought 16AA weren't scheduled for anymore Herricks because they're taking on the ABTF?
I stand corrected!

Shhhhh..the walls have ears you know!! Terry Taliban will be planning the mass extermination of Haggis' in the 'stan meaning the Jocks won't have anything to shag!

Would 4 Scots be going back so soon..they only got home the end of last year..I thought it was a 4 year turn around?
:D

Aye we're definitely back next year for a winter tour.

*Edit, not sure about the 4 year turn around mate, just asked a more senior Jock and they did Iraq in 2009 as well before H14.

Thanks for the replays guys, not bothered by entertaining the thought of afghan ( more Apprehension if anything ) , after all that's why I chose to join the infantry. Just family are all nagging me not to go because afghan , basically told em to do one as I've put it off for long enough for "family". For now I'll keep my head firmly focused on giving phase 1 a bloody good go , then if I find myself on an operational tour in afghan so be it. Least I know now to half expect it rather than dismiss it and say "eh I won't be going there anyways".

True say walls do have ears lol my bad !

Latest Threads