Afghan , infantry regiments on tour next year ?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by AJ1992, Jul 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Off to catterick on 2nd sept to join the royal Irish regiment.
    Wondering what infantry regiments are planning tours for 2012-2013 ?

2. 4 SCOTS will be on H19 :)

Aren't RIR penciled for H18?

3. Thought 16AA weren't scheduled for anymore Herricks because they're taking on the ABTF?

Worry about getting through your training before you worry about going on tour. Once you're on your battalion you can start thinking about where they're off to.

4. Shhhhh..the walls have ears you know!! Terry Taliban will be planning the mass extermination of Haggis' in the 'stan meaning the Jocks won't have anything to shag!

Would 4 Scots be going back so soon..they only got home the end of last year..I thought it was a 4 year turn around?

5. I stand corrected!

:D

Aye we're definitely back next year for a winter tour.

*Edit, not sure about the 4 year turn around mate, just asked a more senior Jock and they did Iraq in 2009 as well before H14.

6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Don't be. 16 Air Asslt Bde are not scheduled for any more HERRICK tours as a formed brigade, but elements of 16 Bde may still go (such as 1 R Irish).

7. 1 Rifles are off next year

8. JOY!!

9. Thanks for the replays guys, not bothered by entertaining the thought of afghan ( more Apprehension if anything ) , after all that's why I chose to join the infantry. Just family are all nagging me not to go because afghan , basically told em to do one as I've put it off for long enough for "family". For now I'll keep my head firmly focused on giving phase 1 a bloody good go , then if I find myself on an operational tour in afghan so be it. Least I know now to half expect it rather than dismiss it and say "eh I won't be going there anyways".

True say walls do have ears lol my bad !

• Like Like x 1