Afghan hijackers allowed to stay

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by shortfuse, Jul 13, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After hijacking a plane and threatening to kill the hostages , a court has ruled they should be allowed to stay , because the jury were misdirected.

well that sends out a pretty clear message to potential hijackers doesn't it .

Britain..... best special forces in the world to deter terrorist attacks and hijackings.

Weakest government and courts at dealing with terrorists and hijackers.

this was on the BBC news website this morning , help with posting a link would be appreciated...... cos i is thick.

2. If you recall, this was the case where several of the crew and most of the pax knew about the "hijacking" in advance - most of those on board were from Mazar i-Sharif, which had just been taken by the Taliban, and had plenty of reasons to want out. It was a put-up job.

3. But isn't the Taliban Govt no longer in power? Who are they seeking asylum from now? Isn't the signal we are sending out that it's okay to commit criminal acts in order to get yourself to a desired country of asylum, as it'll all be forgiven and you can stay regardless of any change in situation.

I never cease to dispare, and no explination will ever convince me that justice can ever be done in a country where the criminal has all the rights and the victim none.

4. I trust blair will rush through their justly deserved compensation, for the disgraceful treatment by UK authorities.
    john

5. wHAT A ******G DISGRACE? Get rid of the cnuts they are not wanted here.

End of Rant :evil: :!:

6. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Which cnuts ?

The Afghans, the hijackers of the plane ?

Or Bliar's mob, the hijackers of freedom ?

SODDIT - bin the lot of 'em !