Afghan Hijacker given job at Heathrow

GUN cops at Heathrow discovered a notorious hijacker at the wheel of a car they pulled over – and were amazed to learn he had a JOB there.

Nazamuddin Mohammidy, 34 – hired to clean British Airways offices – is one of nine Afghans who threatened to blow up an airliner during a four-day siege at Stansted in 2000.

Armed officers from the Met’s CO18 Aviation branch stopped him near Heathrow’s Terminal 5 on suspicion of being an unlicensed cabbie.

They were stunned to find he had a BA pass. He was arrested after it emerged he was on bail accused of assault – and was allegedly living at a different address to one he gave the court.

BA confirmed: “We have been helping police with their inquiries into a man who is employed by a cleaning contractor.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1170672.ece

Punative measures MUST be made against his employer and EVERYONE who allowed this to happen, in fact just sack everyone and start anew.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
You arrsers are a bad influence on me. Five years ago I'd have been shocked. A couple of months ago I'd have been stunned into silence for thirty seconds, maybe a minute. Now I just shrug my shoulders and try and think of amusing one liners.

And I was considered a right cynical fatherless before.

Im not suprised one bit, what suprised me more is that he only got 30 months for hijacking a plane with intent to kill everyone aboard but he didnt serve that time and was allowed to stay with his family and claims benefits, I would believe it if it wasnt from the SUN

Well done BA! Once again I applaud your exemplary performance! :roll:

It's in the Daily Hate as well.

You couldn't make it up could you. :oops:

One of the nine Afghans who won the right to live in Britain after hijacking a plane is now working at Heathrow airport as a cleaner, it emerged last night.

Nazamuddin Mohammidy was one of a group who took over an internal Afghan flight in 2000 and landed it in the UK, where they threatened to kill those on board unless they were granted asylum.

Now it has emerged Mohammidy, 34, was recently arrested while driving a car around the new Terminal 5 at Heathrow airport.

Police suspected he was an unlicensed cab driver but were stunned when checks revealed he was one of the hijackers. He even had a British Airways pass on him.

Mohammidy was among the gang, who claimed they were fleeing the Taliban, which took over an Ariana Airlines jet on an internal flight in Afghanistan in February 2000 armed with firearms and hand grenades.

The Boeing 727, with 160 passengers on board, was diverted to Stansted Airport in Essex. There, the hijackers kept police and SAS marksmen at bay for four days before giving themselves up.

All were jailed, but later had their convictions quashed by the Court of Appeal.

They have since been living in West London rent-free and on state benefits at an annual cost of £150,000 to the taxpayer.

Mr_Deputy said:
call me what you want but I'll say this I use Heathrow a fair bit and I have no respect for the majority of the lazy, bolshy useless staff there. Not all - most.
His cousin probably fixed him up with the pass.
Have to agree with you - far too many lazy jobsworths about. Went through T3 a couple of weeks ago and went to the Travlex desk to get the cash i'd ordered online. There's about 5 desks open with only 1 customer at a desk marked up something like 'Online Transactions'. I go to another desk and converstion goes : "Can i collect this money?". "No - use the other desk". "You're not busy though!!!!" "I'm only going to do new transactions"........

5 mins later and i'm still stood behind the original customer at the online desk with about 10 people behind me, 4 other employees sat on their arrses with no customers and not helping the poor sod out who was on the online desk. Lazy eejits. :x

This is a fcuking joke, isn't it? Someone needs sacked

Scabster_Mooch said:
On the other hand, he was employed by a contractor. What probably happened is BA contracted the contractor to provide cleaners who have been properly checked. Obviously, that has not been done.

It will be interesting to see how BA proceeds from here on.
Judging by its recent cock ups, HR will probably offer him a full time job.

I hear he's been told to resign. He's starting a new job with BAA as an 'Experientially based Aviation Security Consultant' on £150k p.a. plus company car.....

marco_poloroid said:
I hear he's been told to resign. He's starting a new job with BAA as an 'Experientially based Aviation Security Consultant' on £150k p.a. plus company car.....
Not quite the full contract details - he'll also have a paid interpreter and a lawyer to hand when...... oh never mind :evil: :evil: