Afghan helicopter crash

link? source?

They couldn't really refuse to take off.
It's difficult, but you can. Depends on a lot: the crew, the willingness of the general to accept their decision, the importance of the task, the culture of the military involved and so on.

I think the taliban took advantage of this incident claiming to have shot it down though.

David2008 said:
I think the taliban took advantage of this incident claiming to have shot it down though.
I think you read it in the link supplied by spaz.

The Taliban, who are fighting the government and foreign powers backing it, claimed they had shot it down.

FiveAlpha said:
David2008 said:

The Taliban, who are fighting the government and foreign powers backing it, claimed they had shot it down.
Yes i know i read it im just pointing out that they will take advantage of anything like this to make themselves look stronger.

David2008 said:
FiveAlpha said:
David2008 said:

Yes i know i read it im just pointing out that they will take advantage of anything like this to make themselves look stronger.
...and I think you are a little helmet.

spaz said:
David2008 said:
FiveAlpha said:
David2008 said:

...and I think you are a little helmet.
Oh really? strangely enough i dont think i know you, so how could you make that sort of judgement?

Either way i think your a c0ckend too with that attitude so it wouldnt matter to me. :)

Blimey, a helicopter full of high-ranking military personnel crashes into the side of a mountain during low vis conditions and bad weather? I'm saying nothing...

That's a bugger though, I had a few drinks with some Afghan pilots in the bar at DHFS last year, seemed a good bunch, for people who are going to be shooting at us again in 20 years.

Latest Threads