Afghan helicopter crash

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by scrofula, Jan 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad weather apparently. I only feel sorry for the crew. They couldn't really refuse to take off.
  2. link? source?
  3. It's difficult, but you can. Depends on a lot: the crew, the willingness of the general to accept their decision, the importance of the task, the culture of the military involved and so on.
  4. I think the taliban took advantage of this incident claiming to have shot it down though.
  5. I think you read it in the link supplied by spaz.

6. Yes i know i read it im just pointing out that they will take advantage of anything like this to make themselves look stronger.
  7. ...and I think you are a little helmet.
  8. Oh really? strangely enough i dont think i know you, so how could you make that sort of judgement?

Either way i think your a c0ckend too with that attitude so it wouldnt matter to me. :)
  9. Blimey, a helicopter full of high-ranking military personnel crashes into the side of a mountain during low vis conditions and bad weather? I'm saying nothing...

That's a bugger though, I had a few drinks with some Afghan pilots in the bar at DHFS last year, seemed a good bunch, for people who are going to be shooting at us again in 20 years.