Afghan General visits UK troops ahead of Afghanistan deployment

Ministry of Defence said:
The Commander of the Afghan Army's 3/215 Brigade, Brigadier General Sherin Shah, has visited members of 4th Mechanized Brigade ahead of their deployment to Afghanistan on Operation HERRICK 17 in September.

More...

Not sure that this counts as news, he visits every time a brigade goes out. I did like this bit though:

"I have seen lots of benefits from these visits because there are things we need to learn from the British, but they also need to learn from us because we have lots of experience and know the current situation."

I think the real benefit he sees is the opportunity to go out on the smash in London, I was talking to a couple of guys who have hosted him before and he seems to be quite the party machine!

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Not sure that this counts as news, he visits every time a brigade goes out. I did like this bit though:

"I have seen lots of benefits from these visits because there are things we need to learn from the British, but they also need to learn from us because we have lots of experience and know the current situation."

I think the real benefit he sees is the opportunity to go out on the smash in London, I was talking to a couple of guys who have hosted him before and he seems to be quite the party machine!
The British Army - corrupting Afghan morals, one general at a time.