Afghan fighting - the latest reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppycock

War Hero
the Taliban's black flag
The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan's flag has always been white, since 1996 at least; any confusion sown about black flags in the early days was probably deliberate misinformation. Confusion sown in later days was definitely deliberate misinformation.

Taliban flag was defo white in 2012 too - here's one they hung from a compound wall a stone's throw away (more like a catapult distance really) from Camp Bastion's airfield. Cheeky feckers.

Picture P1000 And Watching…. - Version 3.jpg

Last edited:
The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan's flag has always been white, since 1996 at least; any confusion sown about black flags in the early days was probably deliberate, confession sown in later days was definitely deliberate

Taliban flag was defo white in 2012 - here's one they hung from a compound wall a stone's throw away from Camp Bastion's airfield. Cheeky feckers.

View attachment 592773

Not disputing what you're saying at all, but 180 out from the colour of the flag seen in parts of Afghanistan after the earthquake in 2005.

Poppycock

War Hero
Taliban flag was defo white in 2012 too - here's one they hung from a compound wall a stone's throw away (more like a catapult distance really) from Camp Bastion's airfield. Cheeky feckers.
If you zoom in on the white sheet 200m from Camp Bastion airfield you'll also see the clay pots / pipes doing a very good impression of a mortar tube pointing directly at the USMC's aircraft hangers.

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 21.37.30.png

They were there all summer 2012. Command awareness was NONE existent. Scared the **** out of me - our commanders that is, not the mock mortar tubes

those crunchy OJARS wont look half as good

Our commanders were literally too busy planning career moves to even notice the airfield security being scoped out ALL summer 2012 (and before that), as a few on here can attest to.

Poppycock

War Hero
Things must be bad in Helmand if they're issuing statements like this, spoken above the din of an electrical generator

215's commander looks like a decent man behaving with the utmost dignity after being given possibly the shittiest job in all Afghanistan tonight

No probs. Until I checked, I thought it was green?

Green? Shirley that would be the West's staunch ally, KSA.;)

Poppycock

War Hero
ANDSF SF reported to have arrived in Lashkargah a couple of hours ago

Looking at the screen shot below the tweet, would anyone here speculate on the identities of the various camouflage patterns?

afghan sf lashkargah.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 19.00.57.png

I'm guessing

DPM is local forces at the landing zone
MTP (thumbs up soldier) is ANDSF SF
Woodland cam (2 with helmets on) maybe 'contractors'?
Desert cam at the back - could be anyone
Guy with a camera - Joe Galloway

Really is a fascinating pic - I like the integral low profile knee pads it looks like this one's wearing:
Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 19.19.14.png

Last edited:
ANDSF SF reported to have arrived in Lashkargah a couple of hours ago

Looking at the screen shot below the tweet, would anyone here speculate on the identities of the various camouflage patterns?

View attachment 592986

View attachment 592974

I'm guessing

DPM is local forces at the landing zone
MTP (thumbs up soldier) is ANDSF SF
Woodland cam (2 with helmets on) maybe 'contractors'?
Desert cam at the back - could be anyone
Guy with a camera - Joe Galloway

Really is a fascinating pic - I like the integral low profile knee pads it looks like this one's wearing:
View attachment 592987
SF being misused again.

Undoubtedly. And speaks volumes of the flustercuck that the regular ANA must be.

You mean the force resourced and trained by the USA and NATO.

Yes, the one that's snapped like a Kit Kat with a bit of pressure.

The ANA might be a modern version of all the gear no idea.

Pressure? Largely melted away in the Afghan summer sun.

Deny the airports and stop air support getting off, and logistics getting in. If they do the same at Kabul, how many more embassies will see it as the passing of the last safe moment and look to pull out?

'At least three rockets have struck Kandahar airport in southern Afghanistan overnight, an official said, as the Taliban pressed on with their sweeping offensive across the country.

"Last night three rockets were fired at the airport and two of them hit the runway... Due to this all flights from the airport have been cancelled," airport chief Massoud Pashtun told AFP on Sunday. Pashtun said work to repair the runway was underway and expected the airport to be operational later on Sunday.

'An official at the civil aviation authority in Kabul confirmed the rocket attack.'

Damn shame, what a waste of time, waste of life and waste of money, another 10 years of murder for those who worked for the west and it will be back to 2001 standards of Middle Ages.

Poppycock

War Hero
I can't vouch for the accuracy of the tweet but I can vouch for the propaganda value of a video claiming to be of the Taliban driving a tank 100-km North EAST of soon to be renamed Hamid Karzai International Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.