Afghan fighting - the latest reports.

UK population is 65 million. 8000 is statistically insignificant.

Racial background is irrelevant in racism
8000 UK casualties is statistically insignificant?

When your objective is to prevent UK casualties?

Have you thought this through?

Racial background is very relevant in racism.

It's why black people can refer to one another using terms that white people can't.

8000 UK casualties is statistically insignificant?

When your objective is to prevent UK casualties?

Have you thought this through?

Racial background is very relevant in racism.

It's why black people can refer to one another using terms that white people can't.
Yeah it’s statistically insignificant.

8000 people die per year from Liver Conditions. Die that is - not injured to whatever level. Die.

I assume you are wringing your hands about that.

White guys like you who have issues with immigration tend to be racist. Although I do agree broadly with your second point.

Yeah it’s statistically insignificant.

8000 people die per year from Liver Conditions. Die that is - not injured to whatever level. Die.

I assume you are wringing your hands about that.

White guys like you who have issues with immigration tend to be racist. Although I do agree broadly with your second point.
What does death from natural causes have to do with putting HMF in harms way, sustaining 8000 UK casualties in order to prevent UK casualties?

Edited to ask what makes you think I have issues with immigration?

What does death from natural causes have to do with putting HMF in harms way, sustaining 8000 UK casualties in order to prevent UK casualties?

Edited to ask what makes you think I have issues with immigration?
8000 casualties is statistically insignificant. Especially since it’s a dubious statistic - guys who strained a pec on Op Massive in BSN are included in that.

You seem to think that is a massive issue year 8000 people per year dying from mainly alcohol related illnesses is not a big deal?

You previous post ref ‘closing our borders refers’

8000 casualties is statistically insignificant. Especially since it’s a dubious statistic - guys who strained a pec on Op Massive in BSN are included in that.

You seem to think that is a massive issue year 8000 people per year dying from mainly alcohol related illnesses is not a big deal?

You previous post ref ‘closing our borders refers’
Do you think more than 8000 UK citizens would have fallen victim to terrorism if HMF hadn't deployed?

After all, that's one of the three reasons you gave in justification.

Natural causes deaths is merely an attempt at deflection. It's less of a big deal for me than those KIA.

Border controls and the exercising of schedule 7 to prevent potential criminal and terrorist elements, whilst viewed as racist by you, is actually more effective in securing our safety and security than patrolling Afghanistan.

Do you think more than 8000 UK citizens would have fallen victim to terrorism if HMF hadn't deployed?

After all, that's one of the three reasons you gave in justification.

Natural causes deaths is merely an attempt at deflection. It's less of a big deal for me than those KIA.

Border controls and the exercising of schedule 7 to prevent potential criminal and terrorist elements, whilst viewed as racist by you, is actually more effective in securing our safety and security than patrolling Afghanistan.
I think that you and me don’t know if they would have. Cheltenham and Vauxhall Cross seem to think it’s still worthwhile - and in the absence of a credible alternative I will listen to them.

My competence in that area is immaterial.

I rather wish that the senior leadership of our Army was capable of displaying a credible grasp of it.

The conduct of Brit ops in Afghanistan is an object lesson in "how not to", no matter which way you paint it - and I'm sorry if you don't like my conclusion, but your involvement in Afghanistan doesn't invalidate it: it does, however, call into question your capacity for objectivity in the matter.
I wasn’t given the chance to be objective as you’d already made your mind up “In the absence of a coherent and realistically achievable strategy, such attainments are meaningless, illusory even.” despite not knowing what I and the units I worked with did, were doing and are doing now.

If you think that’s a discussion, the illusion is yours.

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Did I stop you thinking?
You said “it does however, call into question your capacity for objectivity in the matter” without knowing what I did, with who and when, where they were etc. You’d made your decision without anything to base it on.
No: you simply don't like the conclusions that a logical analysis of your statements leads to.
Your conclusion of “In the absence of a coherent and realistically achievable strategy, such attainments are meaningless, illusory even.” was based on no information. That’s illogical.
I'm genuinely sorry for you
I’ll bear that in mind the next time you offer a conclusion based on no information.

You said “it does however, call into question your capacity for objectivity in the matter” without knowing what I did, with who and when, where they were etc. You’d made your decision without anything to base it on.

Your conclusion of “In the absence of a coherent and realistically achievable strategy, such attainments are meaningless, illusory even.” was based on no information. That’s illogical.

I’ll bear that in mind the next time you offer a conclusion based on no information.
Yaaaawn.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Damn.

I was looking for an instant update on Afghan Fighting - Latest Reports.

Instead I appear to have blundered into a political debate on the rights and wrongs of immigration policy. My apologies, @Sixty I'll try elsewhere.

Indeed.

We clearly don't plan to let our lads anywhere near the Khyber with their spoons.

Look what happened the last time we tried it.

This is the kind of token gesture for which we would once upon a time have derided Portugal, or Belgium.

Not that Im advocating a resumption of HERRICK, but it's about time we recognised how limited our capabilities are in reality
Have you been there? Tried it? The USMC ripped into sangin with much the same attitude as yourself, reality is a hard lesson.

@Stonker is not an intelligent man - not someone you would go to for analysis.

Sadly he is guessing - and will turn to ad hominems as soon as you disagree with him

Damn.

I was looking for an instant update on Afghan Fighting - Latest Reports.

Instead I appear to have blundered into a political debate on the rights and wrongs of immigration policy. My apologies, @Sixty I'll try elsewhere.
Afghan fighting, infiltration of terrorists into and border control of the UK, and our security are inevitably intertwined when it's claimed to be a main reason for HMF deploying there.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Indeed. From the tenor of his responses on this and other threads I'd have put @Stonker down as a thoughtful well-read conflict veteran. Just dont tell him I said so though.

He is in particular fond of Ledwidge's analysis of both Telic and Herrick, which I have not read but know by skim.

What's happening in Herat ? Fackin' Royal woundings have taken over the main energies of every Fleet Street title here.

And any more recent news on this project ? Ta.

Project to exploit Afghanistan’s giant copper deposit languishes

Last edited: