Afghan fighting - the latest reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF does your post, or the one to which it was a response, have to do with the thread title?

You are doing a grand job of fulfilling my prediction of a week or two ago.

Moderators: FFS, this is a long-running thread, started by @hansvonhealing (long departed this site) with the best of intentions, to chronicle the efforts of British troops in Afghanistan.​
It has become the thread of choice for vaguely afghanistan-related, often racist, seldom informed drivel.​
Give it some dignity, and lock it.​
Please.​

Well done on your prediction. So what?

Purely out of interest but why does this thread seem to bug you so much. You really do have a flea up your arrse about it.

What does it matter to you? Does it affect your life in some way? Do you have to pay for its disk storage?

If you don't like it then don't read it. I don't read threads about football, cricket or modelling but I don't post pointless whinges on them moaning about their existence.

Who died and made you the CO?

Last edited:
WTF does your post, or the one to which it was a response, have to do with the thread title?

You are doing a grand job of fulfilling my prediction of a week or two ago.

Moderators: FFS, this is a long-running thread, started by @hansvonhealing (long departed this site) with the best of intentions, to chronicle the efforts of British troops in Afghanistan.​
It has become the thread of choice for vaguely afghanistan-related, often racist, seldom informed drivel.​
Give it some dignity, and lock it.​
Please.​
There are, allegedly, no British troops left in Afghanistan, and it's been some years since British troops were involved in fighting there.
Like it or not, the Taliban won and are now running that country.
Forever whining about past losses, stating the umpteen ways you'd have done it better, or scapegoating VSOs, ministers, uk gov, the US, uncle Tom Cobley or whoever for the defeat of NATO/ ISAF/ the West/ Christianity or any other grouping is pointless.
The Taliban won.
How western governments now deal with Afghanistan ( and Pakistan, Islam in general) is open to speculation and debate, two things ARRSE excels at.

There are, allegedly, no British troops left in Afghanistan, and it's been some years since British troops were involved in fighting there.
Like it or not, the Taliban won and are now running that country.
Forever whining about past losses, stating the umpteen ways you'd have done it better, or scapegoating VSOs, ministers, uk gov, the US, uncle Tom Cobley or whoever for the defeat of NATO/ ISAF/ the West/ Christianity or any other grouping is pointless.
The Taliban won.
How western governments now deal with Afghanistan ( and Pakistan, Islam in general) is open to speculation and debate, two things ARRSE excels at.

The Taliban have won for now, civil war or power struggles within the Taliban can still happen

Dianne Abbott hasn't sung yet...

A little bit of 'normalisation' occurring in Kabul?

'Afghan police at Kabul airport have returned to work manning checkpoints alongside Taliban security for the first time since the Islamists seized power, officers said Sunday.

'When the Taliban swept into Kabul last month ousting the government, police abandoned their posts, fearful of what the Islamists would do.

'But two officers said they had returned to work Saturday after receiving calls from Taliban commanders.

'On Sunday, an AFP correspondent at the airport saw border police members deployed at several checkpoints outside the main buildings of the airport, including the domestic terminal.

"I came back to work yesterday more than two weeks after being sent home," one of the police force members told AFP, speaking on condition of anonymity.

"I received a call from a senior Taliban commander who asked me to come back," another officer said.

"Yesterday was great, so happy to serve again."

'The Taliban say they have granted a general amnesty to everyone who worked for the former government -- including the army, police and other security branches.'

Apparent trouble oop north.

'Hostilities between the Taliban (outlawed in Russia) and the National Resistance front broke out on Sunday after a break in Afghanistan’s north province of Baghlan, a source in the region close to the militia told TASS.

"This morning, clashes between the Taliban and militia fighters started again in Baghlan’s Andarab Valley located in the Puli Hisar District. Taliban fighters suffered losses and were forced to retreat from this area," the source said.

'On September 12, Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid announced that the movement had assumed full control over Panjshir, thus, ending the war in Afghanistan. In turn, Massoud declared that the resistance continues, calling on all Afghans to start a nationwide rebellion. Resistance spokesman Ali Maisam Nazary clarified later that the movement is moving to guerilla warfare tactics.'

Apparent trouble oop north.

'Hostilities between the Taliban (outlawed in Russia) and the National Resistance front broke out on Sunday after a break in Afghanistan’s north province of Baghlan, a source in the region close to the militia told TASS.

"This morning, clashes between the Taliban and militia fighters started again in Baghlan’s Andarab Valley located in the Puli Hisar District. Taliban fighters suffered losses and were forced to retreat from this area," the source said.

'On September 12, Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid announced that the movement had assumed full control over Panjshir, thus, ending the war in Afghanistan. In turn, Massoud declared that the resistance continues, calling on all Afghans to start a nationwide rebellion. Resistance spokesman Ali Maisam Nazary clarified later that the movement is moving to guerilla warfare tactics.'

I wonder whose turn it is to have the Chechens on their team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads