Afghan Fighting - The Latest Reports - Book Two: Now The West Has Gone

Proff3RTR

Old-Salt
I very much doubt it. It will be drones all the way and if the odd wedding party gets blown up - tough luck.
Fair assessment I suppose, just all seems a waste the last 20 years.

Allan’s will, isn’t it?

The next move, not sure how reliable some would be when it comes down to it, are they to be relied upon? Many say yes, some no, I am in no position to have an opinion.

There has been precious little good news to come out of the fall of Kabul. But yesterday’s reports that we might be able to find a home in the Army for elite Afghan soldiers certainly counts.

According to the Daily Telegraph, Conservative MPs are exploring the possibility of setting up a special regiment for the ‘hundreds of commandos’ that we have managed to evacuate.
I think I’ve posted this dit elsewhere but, in this context, it bears repeating. Two of the AF SF based in KAF when I was there in ‘15 brassed up a coach of Slovakian guards by mounting one of the towers, using its MG and then being “arrested” by their Sgt Maj, being locked up and, who’d a thunk it, mysteriously disappeared overnight. Now, these elite troops, so-called, were the best that the AF army could field and people are seriously contemplating bringing them on to our books? I know that we’re only a Defence Force rather than an Army, that some of our units are a little less than first class, but, in general terms, we can rely on the Blankshires to not brass up the Loamshires.........

Proff3RTR

Old-Salt
And life's
That’s what I was alluding to my friend, 457 dead and roughly 2,209 wounded due to combat (7,000 odd admissions to Bastion Med Center). The fact that during those 20 years we suffered those losses does it appear seem to be null and void to those in charge, which I find sickening to be honest.

Poppycock

War Hero
Looks like our occupation of Afghanistan is back on lads... we just got to change uniforms & put blue bibs on:

The G20 recommends the Taliban follows the UNODC poppy eradication strategy... :rofl:

Proff3RTR

Old-Salt
Looks like our occupation of Afghanistan is back on lads... we just got to change uniforms & put blue bibs on:

The G20 recommends the Taliban follows the UNODC poppy eradication strategy... :rofl:
Ok, time to dust off the old Osprey and start boning up on my pashtun again.

Poppycock

War Hero
Ok, time to dust off the old Osprey and start boning up on my pashtun again.
Have you seen the new camouflage pattern they're using?

un blue waistcoat.jpg

Japan won't get involved after last time

Poppycock

War Hero
This is significant in a couple of ways:

A high level Taliban visit to the site of the first major war crime of the war-on-terror, the Dasht-e Leili massacre of December 2001. Up to 3000 surrendered Taliban suffocated & shot in shipping containers by Dostum's forces, under the direction of CIA operators shortly after the death of Mike Spann on 25 Nov 2001, KIA during the prisoner revolt and the subsequent Battle for Qala-i-Jangi fort (my assertions there, based on evidence available)

And second, the prayer recital (starts at 25-secs in) has echoes of the Fijian choir singing a lament to one of their own (green-on-blue KIA) on the Camp Bastion parade square in summer 2001. Both quite beautiful

Last edited:

Poppycock

War Hero
Back on the latest fight topic - Taliban Special Forces have had a weekend blitz on Daesh after another mosque bombing by the ******* on Friday

Here's a video of the capture of the Daesh commander for Nangarhar province, very recently I think