Afghan Fighting - The Latest Reports - Book Two: Now The West Has Gone

Taliban are now pleading for 'Mercy'...actually its just their way of sticking their hand out and asking for money...lots of money.

"F off out of here, don't tell us what to do with our women, or what civil rights are, don't come back...oh and by the way, be gents and give us some cash. Just 10, billion for starters."

And the Labour Party are thinking that's a great idea??

Aye I know it's the BBC but none the less it's an interesting article, it looks like the farmers are ramping up and it's the Taliban who are orchestrating everything to their advantage while at the same time flooding drugs all over the planet.

Afghanistan was a good while after my time so If I may ask please. Soldiers and folks from the RAF and the RN who have served there, what's your take on it?
We achieved **** all except fucked Afghan up big time and we lost a lot of good people for no real reason what so ever. And all those idiots in charge keep saying we did not retreat and were not beaten by the Taliban…….mmmmmh, who’s left holding the field, not bloody us that’s for sure.

Last edited:
We achieved **** all except fucked Afghan up big time and we lost a lot of good people for no real reason what so ever. And all those idiots in charge keep saying we did not retreat and were not beaten by the Taliban…….mmmmmh, who’s left holding the field, not bloody is that’s for sure.
Its a bit of a pyrrhic victory for the Taliban though. They now have to govern the country when the whole infrastructure is falling apart. They won't get much help from Iran, China and its main backer Pakistan whose own economy is f*cked.

The same thing happened in Vietnam. After the withdrawel of economic support of the USSR after it collapsed in 1991 it was one of the poorest countries in the world until Clinton withdrew sanctions. Now because of the threat from the PRC they are best buddies. The Viets are far more efficent than the Afghans though.

Last edited:
Its a bit of a pyrrhic victory for the Taliban though. They now have to govern the country when the whole infrastructure is falling apart. They won't get much help from Iran, China and its main backer Pakistan whose own economy is f*cked.

The same thing happened in Vietnam. After the withdrawel of economic support of the USSR after it collapsed in 1991 it was one of the poorest countries in the world until Clinton withdrew sanctions. Now because of the threat from the PRC they are best bodies. The Viets are far more efficent than the Afghans though.
Agree 100% my friend, a classic example of a Pyrrhic victory, but a victory non the less, compared to what we have.

Poppycock

War Hero
IED targeted a Taliban patrol in Kabul. Wounded Talibs and killed a kid.

A few hours later the death of the Daesh commander in Afghanistan was reported, permanently removed from the battlefield by a Taliban operation targeting him. From the photo I'm guessing he was imprisoned under the former regime then released when the Taliban opened the prison doors last August

It's starting to seem like, to the long list of would-be conquerors who've come adrift in Afghanistan, we can add the Afghans themselves.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
It's starting to seem like, to the long list of would-be conquerors who've come adrift in Afghanistan, we can add the Afghans themselves.
Don’t they say that when Allah created the world, he piled up all the leftover rubble and sundry other shit and created Afghanistan?

It certainly seems so.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Don’t they say that when Allah created the world, he piled up all the leftover rubble and sundry other shit and created Afghanistan?

It certainly seems so.
Not just Allah. Those from the wider region aren't too fond their neighbours either.

I was in a cab coming from Gatwick Airport once. The driver was of Pakistani extraction. He got talking - quite enthusiastically, and largely unbidden. The Afghanistan adventure was pretty new for us then, and he seemed to want to vent.

The gist of it, to paraphrase, was, "You're in trouble up there. That lot - unscrupulous, cheap. They'll sell you their daughter for $20."

We often see too many people here in the UK apply a blanket 'Muslim' tag, and a more specific tag to those from the Northern Pakistan area. That's clumsy.

What was evident, though, was the utter contempt in which my driver held the Afghanis - who many here would see as being 'the same' as him.

I didn't come away from the conversation with a feeling of great confidence.

Poppycock

War Hero
Four tea leaves caught by IEA forces in Herat:
Translation: Islamic Emirate forces arrested a four-member gang of robbers in Herat's Injil district. Herat security officials told BNA, a weapon, a sword, two grenades, a telescope and dozens of bullets were also recovered from the detainees.

Can anyone identify the rifle and speculate on current value?
taliban arrest thieves.jpg

Can anyone identify the rifle and speculate on current value?
View attachment 637553

@stoatman (who doubtless will seek advice if he doesn't get it instantly, from e.g. usual suspects on his , or the SA80 replacement/ distant horizon thread)

I'm guessing (without arrsing about with research) it's maybe a Lee Metford, and it's maybe locally manufactured.

Whatever its design, it's in shocking nick, and (especially if authentic) it'll be shot to sh!t and worth less than 10 rupees on the open market.

Poppycock

War Hero
Bad news here; 5-Pakistan soldiers killed (sniped with a P14 Enfield maybe?) by gunfire from Afghanistan

I'm assuming these are agent provocateur attacks because whoever did it is only bringing trouble for Kabul / IEA

@stoatman (who doubtless will seek advice if he doesn't get it instantly, from e.g. usual suspects on his , or the SA80 replacement/ distant horizon thread)

I'm guessing (without arrsing about with research) it's maybe a Lee Metford, and it's maybe locally manufactured.

Whatever its design, it's in shocking nick, and (especially if authentic) it'll be shot to sh!t and worth less than 10 rupees on the open market.
It's either an Enfield P14 or M17, you can't see the bits of it which would tell me at a glance, but given where it is, more likely a P14.

State of maintenance or place of manufacture: no thoughts?
It was either built by one of the 2 Remington factories (Remington-proper or Eddystone) or Winchester in the US.

It's in rag order.

Value depends entirely on what country you're in and what its actual state is.

Bad news here; 5-Pakistan soldiers killed (sniped with a P14 Enfield maybe?) by gunfire from Afghanistan

I'm assuming these are agent provocateur attacks because whoever did it is only bringing trouble for Kabul / IEA

In conversation with some aid worker types (possibly Afghan nationals) in Kabul 2002 - they declared 'the Russians ruined the country and the Taliban have ruined the people' - no mystery of Pakistans ISI enabling the Taliban. It struck me that Pakistanis in this country like to espouse an Afghan kinship but I got the feeling it wasn't shared and that they knew they were being used in the ISI's game.
Personally if it comes back to bite them in the arse now there's no big US bucks flowing...

Latest Threads