Afghan Civil War in 3, 2, ....

On Thursday 30th June ANP recruits, fresh from graduation, were attacked whilst being transported on buses from the Police Academy in Wardak to Kabul. A contact in Kabul has suggested to me that this was an insider attack, engineered by senior Northern Alliance aligned Officers against non-Northern Alliance recruits.

Checking the news reports it appears there may be some credence in this:

Five Generals Investigated for Convoy Attack
Hasibullah, a police cadet involved in the incident on Thursday, told TOLOnews he thought the attackers were "suicide bombers that got onto our bus. They came from inside the training center and got on the vehicle."

Critics said they are concerned about the support by a number of officials for the attackers as well as those who have neglected in their duty.
Afghanistan suspends 10 senior security officials over Kabul attack - Khaama Press (KP) | Afghan News Agency
Sediq Sediqi, spokesman for the Ministry of Interior, said the top security officials were suspended by the Minister of Interior.

He said the decision was taken after the senior security officials were investigated for the incident.
So Afghan Generals have been accused of involvement in the wholesale murder of Afghan policemen - surely this is only a short step away from a civil war.

Can anyone closer corroborate or dismiss this suggestion?

It may seem harsh, but having having had a few paid holidays over there and spent a lot of time interacting with the locals in ANA, ANP, NDS and Local and Central Govt all I can bring myself to say is....

image.jpeg

It may seem harsh, but having having had a few paid holidays over there and spent a lot of time interacting with the locals in ANA, ANP, NDS and Local and Central Govt all I can bring myself to say is....

View attachment 251070
Duke, you weren't on the DOT, were you?

I found the NDS a bit weird, the ANA (at Parwan at least) good, and the ANP/ABP an absolute joke.

Here was me thinking Afghans had pretty much been involved in a civil war since 1978, AD that is.

No, I did a stint in the IJC doing J2 liaison / Int exchange (how we laughed) with the cream of the Afghan Security Forces and Intelligence Apparatus, great lunch on a Tuesday in th NDS HQ, fish from Zabul. Almost as 'tasty' as the flat fish from the Shat in Basrah.

No, I did a stint in the IJC doing J2 liaison / Int exchange (how we laughed) with the cream of the Afghan Security Forces and Intelligence Apparatus, great lunch on a Tuesday in th NDS HQ, fish from Zabul. Almost as 'tasty' as the flat fish from the Shat in Basrah.
We never ate at the NDS; always made sure we got back to HQ ISAF for that!

On Thursday 30th June ANP recruits, fresh from graduation, were attacked whilst being transported on buses from the Police Academy in Wardak to Kabul. A contact in Kabul has suggested to me that this was an insider attack, engineered by senior Northern Alliance aligned Officers against non-Northern Alliance recruits.

Checking the news reports it appears there may be some credence in this:

Five Generals Investigated for Convoy Attack

Afghanistan suspends 10 senior security officials over Kabul attack - Khaama Press (KP) | Afghan News Agency

So Afghan Generals have been accused of involvement in the wholesale murder of Afghan policemen - surely this is only a short step away from a civil war.

Can anyone closer corroborate or dismiss this suggestion?

Can I come round your house ?. Can't guarantee I'll wipe all the stains.