Afghan casevac

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by General_Layabout, Feb 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One hell of a pilot

Attached Files:

2. Brilliant flying. Well done the RAF.
  3. WAH alarm on.

When on earth did you ever last wear uniform legitametly? I would say that those are our US friends. :wink:
  4. I'd be careful throwing the F word around like that!

T C
  5. Actually flown by a Pennsilvania National Guard who back home in civvy street flies EMT choppers.

If i'm ever caught up in a big pile up on the freeway i don't think i'd mind him coming to my rescue.

6. F*ck me, that's impressive.
  7. This is a photo of the U.S. from the early days of OEF. It wasn’t a CASEVAC mission. They were picking up recently captured detainees.
  8. Good drills that man.
  9. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Interesting to see the cousins emulating the RAF, whose Chinook pilots regularly landed in similar fashion on the moving helideck of SS Uganda during the Falklands War.
  10. Guardian3A, I bow to what appears to be your superior knowledge.

I was just passing on what I was told & that could have been at least 3rd hand.

Still a great picture though.
  11. Seconded, saw this years ago
  12. None of the twots I worked with in NI ever seemed able to get all the wheel to hit the deck at the same time - so what's the big deal!

It is remarkable the lengths the yanks will go to for the sake of extraordinary rendition eh?