Afghan call-up soldier disappears

I don't want to sound too morbid but the last time he was seen was on a 12ft wall with the sea on the other side...
It would be a bit odd for him to just disappear on an island with a few euro on him and not use his bank cards...

I hope for his safe re-appearance however.

Young guy is friend of family, his girlfriend, who was with him on holiday, is distraught and his family are worried sick. He was very proud to pass out and is not the type to go AWOL. I hope he is found safe and sound soon.

stevo42 said:
s*** he only looks like a kid !! 18 to young to go there ..............
What sort of comment is that!? I take it you've never served. What age do you oh wise one, recommend as the minimum? :roll:

Bollocks! Fally beet me to it...

stevo42 said:
Perhaps we should introduce a theme park style method of judging when people can go out on ops. You must be this tall to get shot at. :roll:

vampireuk said:
stevo42 said:
Perhaps we should introduce a theme park style method of judging when people can go out on ops. You must be this tall to get shot at. :roll:
I hope Cowell ain't reading this.Or that Lloyd Webber bloke.Singing and dancing squaddies on ice,must be able to cook,public phone votes,The Sun will sponsor the 18 week run on television prior it going live in the West End.

wedge35 said:
Muffin_Kicker said:
Fallschirmjager said:
Muffin_Kicker said:
Post him AWOL.
Why? He's on xmas leave.
When he gets back then.
Post him AWOL when he gets back because his mum couldn't get hold of him on holiday? Numpty.
Heard lad's sister on "5 Live" - he was keen to go to the Stan. There is no suggestion he was not willing to return to his unit after leave.

Here's hoping he turns up safe, but after 5 days and as wall was near rocks , and a drop I fear the worst.

Been to that spot and that is a big cliff with a 2 foot ledge on the other side of the wall. he may well turn up in Lanzarote

The BBC report he was going to be delayed on deployment due to an eye operation or similar. I really doubt this young lad is doing a bunk.

Here's hoping he turns up safe and sound.... till his mum gets to him :twisted:

stevo42 said:
I know, 18 is way too young to go to tenerife this time of year. Its usually full of wrinklies.

He's probably bagged off with a dego bird and still getting his end away somewhere.

Seriously though, It doesn't sound too good. Hope he turns up. Sh*t time of year for stuff like this to happen.

Latest Threads