• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Afghan Boy Seeks Help From Canadian Base

tomahawk6 said:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060218/afghan_feature_060218/20060218?hub=TopStories

Sad story with no happy ending.

I was doing some sums with the estimates for what we are all spending on "TWAT" at the moment. Taking some of the higher numbers and dividing by the total population of Palestine, Iraq and Afghanistan it added up to about US $ 10,000 each over the next 10 years.

I wonder how quickly we could transition that that cash towards a new Marshall plan ? I have an idea that if we had made more of an effort in Afghanisatn just after the taliban fell we would not be facing the problems we see now ?

Afghan population is 29m ? You could change the whole economic situation out there quite cheaply.

Trossachs said:
tomahawk6 said:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060218/afghan_feature_060218/20060218?hub=TopStories

Sad story with no happy ending.

what we are all spending on "t**t" at the moment. .
Obviously The War Against T errorism is even more rude than I thought !

:roll:

Trossachs said:
Afghan population is 29m ? You could change the whole economic situation out there quite cheaply.
Yes, but that would upset the conservative elements who'd see a contemporary Marshall Plan as pouring more money overseas whereas the military option shows that the administration has balls and there is financial benefit to outweigh the costs by way of the military-industrial complex! Ssshhhhhhhhhh! No-one mention Halliburton!

It shows that there is some compassion in that part of the world. A shame this sort of thing isn't reported as eagerly as items that show troops in a bad light.

Latest Threads