Afghan Boy Seeks Help From Canadian Base

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tomahawk6, Feb 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ffs :( poor little lad

2. Yet another heart-breaking story in this fcuked-up world.

3. I was doing some sums with the estimates for what we are all spending on "TWAT" at the moment. Taking some of the higher numbers and dividing by the total population of Palestine, Iraq and Afghanistan it added up to about US $ 10,000 each over the next 10 years.

I wonder how quickly we could transition that that cash towards a new Marshall plan ? I have an idea that if we had made more of an effort in Afghanisatn just after the taliban fell we would not be facing the problems we see now ?

Afghan population is 29m ? You could change the whole economic situation out there quite cheaply.

4. Obviously The War Against T errorism is even more rude than I thought !

:roll:

5. Yes, but that would upset the conservative elements who'd see a contemporary Marshall Plan as pouring more money overseas whereas the military option shows that the administration has balls and there is financial benefit to outweigh the costs by way of the military-industrial complex! Ssshhhhhhhhhh! No-one mention Halliburton!

6. It shows that there is some compassion in that part of the world. A shame this sort of thing isn't reported as eagerly as items that show troops in a bad light.